Turn on thread page Beta

Can u proofread this sentence? (will take less than a minute) watch

ReputationRep:
    My experiences with the student body have made me more confident, instilled patience and a sense of leadership in me which I believe will be invaluable to me in the future.

or

My experiences with the student body instilled confidence, patience and leadership in me which will be invaluable to me in the future.

or

My experiences with the student body have made me more confident, and instilled patience and a sense of leadership in me which I believe will be invaluable to me in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Option 2

ReputationRep:
    not the 1st. Between 2nd and 3rd. 2nd is better and to the point without screwing over your character limit.

ReputationRep:
    Third one

ReputationRep:
    I like 2

ReputationRep:
    I would pick 3, but would use the word 'consider' rather than believe - I'm quite picky, but I think it reads just a bit better

ReputationRep:
    I like number 2 :yes:

(Original post by pjb13)

My experiences with the student body have instilled confidence, patience and leadership in me, which I believe will be invaluable assets for my future_________.
    Fill in blank, e.g. career, etc.

ReputationRep:
    the 3rd one reads better, but if you are struggling for space, 2 is also good.

ReputationRep:
    Number 2

ReputationRep:
    instilled leadership doesn't sound right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by contauri)
    instilled leadership doesn't sound right
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    Either 2 or, if you wanted to make it sound less like a list, I would probably say:

My experiences with the student body have made me more confident, instilling patience and a sense of leadership in me which I believe will be invaluable in the future.

ReputationRep:
    go with 3...but get rid of "in me" you have already made it clear its you at the beginning good luck

ReputationRep:
    My experiences with the student body instilled confidence, patience and leadership in me which I believe will be prove to be invaluable skills for to me in the future.

Or maybe just :

My experiences with the student body instilled confidence, patience and leadership in me, all of which are will be invaluable skills for to me in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Second. You can say leadership skills.

ReputationRep:
    2nd

ReputationRep:
    I'll put three cuz I dont want to say instilled leadership...a sense of leadership makes it more realistic.Thanks for ur help guys.Am done!...one day before deadline

ReputationRep:
    My experiences with the student body have greatly enhanced my confidence, patience and ability to lead, and I believe such qualities will prove invaluable to me in the future.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 14, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.