Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

stomach pains!!!!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    right ok i have another question. every month or so i keep getting these strong stomach pains and no they are not period pains. but these are like sharp stabbing pains and im afaid to go to the doctors because i have fear of hospitals and doctors which is a pain really. but i nearly fanited from them ages ago and it wasnt good but its like someone trying to stab you ??????????????/

ReputationRep:
    probably wind you shouldnt be afraid of going to the doctors! you pay taxes for them so get your money's worth

ReputationRep:
    lmao. im not being funny about this. i am afaid of doctors its annoying

ReputationRep:
    face your fears haha

ReputationRep:
    im certainly not. i dont know how i can face them

ReputationRep:
    ok ok yellow belly

0845 4647 nhs direct

ReputationRep:
    no im not going there end of lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcream55)
    no im not going there end of lol
    **** off then and stop asking for help.

ReputationRep:
    maybe a stich, because you dont exersise enough.

ReputationRep:
    urm i do excercise a lot as i have horses and im always lifting and walking this is the thing???? and i have no idea what these pains might lead??

ReputationRep:
    You might be dead in 24 hours :O!!! Or you might do a big pump and feel better

ReputationRep:
    thats not helpful

ReputationRep:
    Well then whats the frigging point of having doctors if you arent going to go there. Gosh, I dont understand people like you. Whats scary about hospitals and doctors? Its just a place full off people who actually care about their health and go there. And whats wrong with doctors? They are fully qualified and know what they are doing! And they are always friendly.

ReputationRep:
    well i had have bad experice in them and with my family dieing in them thats why and its all the medical stuff i use. beilve you me do you really think i want to be afaid of these guys.......... no i dont

ReputationRep:
    House doctors?

ReputationRep:
    urm i havent had a house doctor before so i wouldnt no but they just scare me which im trying to get over my fear as these stomach pains are not nice !

ReputationRep:
    It could be when you ovulate, or something along those lines. A couple of times I had a bit of pain when it wasn't my period and my mum said that could happen.
    *Shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    oh right it could be but it made me want to fanit and everythink ?

ReputationRep:
    phone NHS direct then- you cant have health advice on a student forum and even if someone could magically diagnose you youre not gonna go to the doctors for the cure anyway are you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been having stomach trouble this year as well - both pain and nausea. I went to my GP a few times and they didn't really help that much. I then went to see a dietician which was very productive as they thought I might have developed a lactose intolerence. Shortly after removing lactose (found in the likes of milk, cheese, general dairy products) I noticed a fairly considerable improvement. I now use lactose free milk, but will be looking to attempt to reintroduce lactose into my diet steadily (I might not be lactose intolerent permanently, my body just needs to develop lactase enzymes). From time to time though, I do still get bouts of nausea, but it's much better than it was before.

Hence, if you are getting worried about it, maybe consult a dietician. This way, you won't incur any sort of "pain", and they can give a professional opinion as to what you could maybe remove from your diet to help the issue. They have a reputation for being a bit expensive though, but you could maybe just enquire in some sort of pharmaceutical store or you someone you know might be in the occupation. Hope this helps, all the best.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.