Turn on thread page Beta

What best to do watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've come back to Uni after Xmas and some people have been asking me about where I'm going next year. Before Xmas I thought it was clear that I was moving in with 7 other guys. I only live with 1 of the other 7 urrently in my flat. Anyways to cut a long story short, there was alot of ye maybe perhaps, sort of talk. But I was still told that we'd be looking for a place etc, now talking to my flatmate now on facebook I find he's already put himself down for a place, and apparently 6 of them have and I'm just thinking, what! Why wasn't I told?! I feel very awkward around all of them now, because beforehand I was already suspicious that somehow they weren't that keen for me to live with them so to even ring them up and ask about it is something that would make me feel very uncomfortable. I just didn't think it would end up like this, and I feel very sad abuot how it's panned out and I don't think it's fair I was treated like this. It's weird because I get along with these guys, I just wish I knew why they weren't being straight with me.

It's like my flatmate just told me on facebook he's booked it for this place etc, not even saying 'book it!' or anything, completely unaware of how it makes me feel.

And do you know what as I'm typing this message it's now crystal clear as I got a facebook message 'why dont you book the accom with those mates and get the flat across from us?'

The worst thing is they want me to hang out with them and act as if everything is fine, but the way they've played me along to please me is not right.

I sort of have a few people I could move in with otherwise, but not exactly anything exciting.

I just don't get it .. but I feel very sad about this.

A very bad start to my 2nd term at Uni.

Am I being too sensitive? I just feel bad..

ReputationRep:
    No you're not to sensitive. If you have other people you can move in with then go with them. Phase the other guys out if things aren't workin with them. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with who you hang about with or live with. It sound likes there would be some tension with the guys you were talkin about.

I would rather be with people that I thought enjoyed my company and valued me as a person rather than people that aren't to bothered with you.

ReputationRep:
    Find a place where you share with all girls. You being the only guy, surrounded by all girls in your own little haven - that'll show them and their sausage fest living arrangement. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one close girl friend at uni, not helped by the fact that I live with all boys.

ReputationRep:
    It's times like this I think to myself what's the point in Uni. It just seems full of pricks.

ReputationRep:
    the world feels like a lonely place right now, i actually want to die. just wish i had the balls to kill myself.

ReputationRep:
    ye I don't see myself going bed tonight, this is the lowest I have been in a long time. It's not just that I ain't moving in with these guys, but how the situation has been handled has been very poor. I've been made to feel like a complete outcast. I don't know how many more blows I can take before the day arrives where something good actually happens to me for once.

I know I'm posting alot but I depserately need company at the moment, I feel truly alone and cannot go sleep as my mind is in too much agony.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.