Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    *head, desk*

So you have one, or two, or three bad experiences with jerks and suddenly all men only want one thing?

Maybe you need to wonder what kind of men you go for :eek:

Yeah, there are some men who just want to "pull fit birds" and get laid, but a lot of men are nice, genuine, decent people who want love and affection just as much as women or anyone else.

Maybe you need to find some new boys, huh?
    i dont need to go thro bad expericene to find what a guy is like i have already had that sussed ages aGO for my liking :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hmm well i beilve that a realtionship isnt always about sex tho. its about loving one another and careing for that person !

ReputationRep:
    I hate all sweeping generalisations! (<< See what I did there? :p:)

But seriously, it is wrong to go around stereotyping the billions of males in the world because of 1/2/3 bad experiences. If men only want one thing, then why do so many get married thus restricting themselves to (hopefully) only one woman for the rest of their lives? Personally, I don't want to have sex at all until I am married. Call me old-fashioned, but like you, I think there is far more to a relationship than sex. Admittedly, I haven't yet had a relationship, but there's no point in having one for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    no . i didnt say i want one for the sake of it. im just going to wait untill the right one comes along !

ReputationRep:
    I never said you did. I don't think I even implied it. What I said was in reference to myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcream55)
    hello i want to know why men only want one thing with a girl and not to love them because i think thats what my ex did to me but yet i still love him ?????????
    becuase it feels good?! cue negs! i was jost joking

ReputationRep:
    I resent this thread

ReputationRep:
    You know I'm going to do what you did and generalise. I presume that because your profile simply says "Hello I'm Katie and I'm 18 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!" that you're a bit of an idiot, like all people who put that.

See how it feels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    we can't multi task more than one thing and our heads explode :eek:
    which head :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Hey look you say all we care about is sex, but what do you lot care about? Flippin weight, all you do is talk about weight, even when you're a stick you girls are like "eww I got a bit of fat on my thighs, I think I gotta lose a few pounds" *she goes off and doesn't eat anything for the rest of the day*.

ReputationRep:
    hello im new to this. and that why i just put them on my profiile for the time being. untill i know how to use this site that could be why maybe????????????????????????/

ReputationRep:
    Because that '1 thing' is the only thing we cannot acquire by our own means.

ReputationRep:
    hello i want to know why men only want one thing with a girl and not to love them because i think thats what my ex did to me but yet i still love him ?????????

I want allot of things though. I want to be fitter, stronger, faster and smarter.

I want to be more confident, even at my most confident. I want to be blessed with the grace and empathy to help others and be less selfish. I want to learn how to play a musical instrument or two.

I want green eyes. I want to be a smidget taller.

I want for humanity to discover the next renewable energy source and embrace it. I want the money I donate to Cancer Research UK to lead to the miracle magic wand cure for cancer.

I want people to stop embracing tired old men professing to know gods will and just live happy with their own lives.

I want Africa to pull itself out of its cycle of poverty and war and become a developed.

I want people to realise that its detrimental to concentrate so much on our little concerns and be a bit more concerned about the species as a whole (A bit more concerned for environmental concerns--none of that eco terrorist or deluded hippy stuff either--that maybe manned space exploration and colonization/exploitation is in all our best interests).

I want to go ice-skating because I've gotten rusty. I want to get better at snow-boarding, and generally try more things and visit more places.

I want to make new friends all the time and maybe meet a woman who makes me want to lower my shields and allow myself to love again.

I also happen to want sex. :surprise:

And they say men treat women as two dimensional objects, ugh, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Women see mto think they're better because they can fake an orgasm for the sake of a relationship.

But men can fake a relationship for the sake of an orgasm.

OT: Maybe you just have low standards/ are easy so fall for those looking for nothing emotional.

ReputationRep:
    All girls should be made to watch "Cruel Intentions" at age five.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danorama)
    Women see mto think they're better because they can fake an orgasm for the sake of a relationship.

But men can fake a relationship for the sake of an orgasm.
    Excellent first post!

ReputationRep:
    hello im new to this. and that why i just put them on my profiile for the time being. untill i know how to use this site that could be why maybe????????????????????????/
    Ok, heres a manual on how to use TSR
    1) Post stupid threads which make sweeping generalisations.
    2) Make one-line half-assed grammatical fail responses to everyone.
    3) Rinse and repeat.

You won't go far wrong! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Think about it objectively for a bit; it is a biological imperative for men to spread their genes amongst as many people as possible, wheras for women when they get into a relationship they are there for keeps (as they would have a child). This is why women tend to put a bigger emotional weight into a relationship than men do. A man could just be there to breed and then move on. This is why sometimes men only want one thing, if you offer it to them. I suggest you build up a bit more of an emotional relationship if you want anything that lasts.

ReputationRep:
    hmm i beilve your right on some part there guys. we can all like different things as well as sex. this is the thing!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I only want one thing. For you to stop whining about ALL men because you had a bad experience with one. Grow up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.