Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone who is good with ex advice HELP! watch

ReputationRep:
    So im in a new relationship which is a bit of a shambles really. Anyway my ex has started talking to me. Naturally ive fallen for her again and im thinking that i want her back again. So she was talking about my new girl and saying im such a player and saying GET LAID WOOOO! GO YOU! then saying how happy she was for me.

What do i decode from that? Does that mean she is truly over me? Because if the roles were reversed i know it would kill me inside seeing her with someone else even though its been 6 months. So yeah what should i think guys? i kinda want her back but do you think this means anything

ReputationRep:
    In my experience women are mental so that could mean anything mate... If I was you I'd probably think she was kidding herself. Tell her how you feel .

ReputationRep:
    i reckon she's being incredibly sarcastic when she says that and besides...don't you think it's kind of convenient for her to start talking to you again as soon as you are in a new relationship?. She's jealous for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go back to her, the decision to break up has already been made, so what would be the point in getting back together? What could you gain from it?
    Out of interest, how did you two break up? Who broke up with who?

You already have somebody else, why would you put this new relationship at risk?!

ReputationRep:
    Would you still be feeling this way if she hadnt initiated contact with you again?

ReputationRep:
    It could mean absolutely anything. I'd say it to my ex and I'd mean it because we're mates and we're over each other, but so would I if it was hurting. Talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brodiebro)
    I wouldn't go back to her, the decision to break up has already been made, so what would be the point in getting back together? What could you gain from it?
    Out of interest, how did you two break up? Who broke up with who?

You already have somebody else, why would you put this new relationship at risk?!
    ermm basically it was a mutual split up before i went to uni but in the end i decided against going, stayed home, asked her if she would take me back and she broke my heart saying she wasnt interested then ignored me for three months.

I know im a fool for still liking her. I kind of have faith that she will be the same girl she was at the start of the relationship because we went out for years but it does appear quite clear she has changed. I dont know what to think anymore because the new girl in my life doesnt really interest me so much and is pretty much just a rebound

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Would you still be feeling this way if she hadnt initiated contact with you again?
    i was definately still hurting but i was nearly over it and now she is back its like ive gone back about 20 steps. I dont think we can ever be friends because ill always feel for her probably

ReputationRep:
    shes not truly over you.. saying you're a player and 'goo youu' is signal for 'why the hell is he getting a girl already and im still single' in fact its made her more insecure about herself..how long have you been broken up??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by landofunk)
    In my experience women are mental so that could mean anything mate...
    Lol! women are definitely mental.

clearly sarcasm...sounds like she's jealous mate

ReputationRep:
    she is a girl, there is no true way of actually knowing what she actually means by anything
    no offence to the ladies on here

ReputationRep:
    Sounds over enthusiastic if you ask me. In my experience, she doesn't want you back, but she doesn't want you seeing anyone either, for a number of reasons which could include:
    - the fact that she is jealous that you've found someone before she has
    - the fact she is angry that you've actually moved on
    - she could just hate the girl, or be taking the piss.

What you have to learn, is that girls are ****** up creatures possessing the ability to hold the most irrational emotions. No exceptions to the rule, just do them and do one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dickydense)
    ermm basically it was a mutual split up before i went to uni but in the end i decided against going, stayed home, asked her if she would take me back and she broke my heart saying she wasnt interested then ignored me for three months.

I know im a fool for still liking her. I kind of have faith that she will be the same girl she was at the start of the relationship because we went out for years but it does appear quite clear she has changed. I dont know what to think anymore because the new girl in my life doesnt really interest me so much and is pretty much just a rebound

Don't give her the chance to break it again then.
    I know it's incredibly tempting to get back with her, because it has happened to me, but you should resist that temptation.

Don't compare this new girl to her, because it looks as if your ex seems the better of the two. If you don't really want this new girl then you should break up with her but it is ok to be single.

You should learn not to make the same mistake twice (or three times), so not going back with your ex would be the best thing to do in the long run. I've made the same mistake twice before and my relationship with her actually got worse.

ReputationRep:
    Your first mistake would be trying to decode a woman's words. Futile. Anyone with a small amount of relationship experience should be able to deduce this basic concept.

For help, I'd say you should try to move on. Leave the new girl, its clearly not working out and you obviously have no real interest with her. You could inquire how she (your ex) feels about you now and ask her to be honest, brutally honest if necessary. And take her response as FACT. Don't tell her you want her back unless she hints or suggests in a more than subtle way that she feels the same. If she says she's over you, move on.

In the meantime, enjoy being a singleton once again and get out there and meet people.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.