Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A 19 year old girl going out with a 16 year old boy is a little wierd, right? I mean the other way around seems ok because I suppose girls are more mature when they are 16 than boys. I ask because 16 year old boy just asked me out and he doesn't accept that I find the age wierd?

ReputationRep:
    yes it weird.. but if you like him, then why not? theres nothing wrong with weird and its not like he isnt legal..

ReputationRep:
    It isn't something seen reguarly so you will always get the odd person casting judgement but I personally wouldn't give a toss what people think, he is of legal age and as long as he is mentally mature then that is all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    No reason why not at all. It's odd, but thats about as far as I could honestly go in criticising it based on the age gap.

If you think he's serious and not just looking to be 'the guy screwing the 19yo' then go for it. You know whether he's mature enough, not anyone on here.

Bottom line is, it's not usual, but definitely not wrong in any way, but if you find it too weird then dont go for it, its a perfectly acceptable response. If he can't accept that then he's either very stubborn (and REALLY likes you) or not as mature as you thought.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's just, that is definately a major factor why I won't go out with him, I mean, I think of him more like a little brother because of his age. Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn)
    Yeah it's just, that is definitely a major factor why I won't go out with him, I mean, I think of him more like a little brother because of his age. Thanks for the advice
    Its fine. If he seems mature then give it a shot.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's a bit weird, not gonna lie; i'd like to think i was fairly mature for my age at 16 but i probably wouldn't have been able to handle a 19 year old girl. so much has changed since then, the difference 2 years can make is actually overwhelming. maybe he's different though, give it a shot see how it goes. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly I went out with a 21 year old when I was 16. I now go out with a 22 year old girl and I'm 17. It's the same girl.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.