Turn on thread page Beta

my friend got hurt and I blame myself watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I cancelled on them to go out with another friend. later I found he got hurt and I asked how and learn and I was horrifed to learn that info because if I had stuck to the first plans they would have been with me and not where it happened. I went to see him today and I explained and he said it was fine because I was with family (I lied so I could get out it). now I feel guilty because he forgave me because of a lie and because he go hurt because of me?

Should I feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    Nah dont worry about it. It isnt your fault he got hurt, he got hurt because of chance.

ReputationRep:
    It's natural to feel guilty (especially when you lied!) but at the end of the day it's not like you saw this coming, so you'll get over it.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to him?

ReputationRep:
    There's no way you should feel guilty over the fact that he got hurt, you bailed on him but that doesn't make you responsible for his whereabouts and resulting injury. You have some justification for feeling guilty about your lie; however, it's better just to leave it - he's only going to feel worse if you tell him you made up an excuse because you didn't want to see him. Just go and see him often and make sure he's ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casparticus)
    There's no way you should feel guilty over the fact that he got hurt, you bailed on him but that doesn't make you responsible for his whereabouts and resulting injury. You have some justification for feeling guilty about your lie; however, it's better just to leave it - he's only going to feel worse if you tell him you made up an excuse because you didn't want to see him. Just go and see him often and make sure he's ok
    If didnt lie it wouldnt have happened and hed be ok

ReputationRep:
    For all you know it could have prevented something much worse from happening. Don't worry too much 'cause you'll never know what would have been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    If didnt lie it wouldnt have happened and hed be ok
    It was down to chance, get over it. It could have happened anyway, accidents happen all the time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.