Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete please

being toned? I used to be quite a bit bigger...and have lost weight so am now a slim size 10, but am really really untoned, which is not an exaggeration - deffo not a flat stomach, and i dont have like super arms/thighs. Would this be really offputting, or is a girls overall silhouette more important? Would you still consider her? Please be honest, as this is a serious question for me, I'm just asking your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Toned is preferable, in my opinion, but it's not the be all and end all.

ReputationRep:
    dont need to be toned... just not fat? haha

ReputationRep:
    lol, ah it never ends.

ReputationRep:
    i hate this ******* word toned, **** sakes

ReputationRep:
    This is toned

http://www.thephotographylink.com/wp...builders10.jpg

And also not very appealing to me.

Toned is a fail word, just don't be a chuffer and don't be skinny fat (like you are) be healthy and fit and everything esle is win

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I totally get the reason people hate the word toned, but everyone knows what the OP means by it, so why does it actually matter? Surely its just a different way of looking at it?

ReputationRep:
    You can get toned by just having a rather normal figure and applying some fake tan :yes:

Toned is good, but if you look too perfect, it's just intimidating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please

being toned? I used to be quite a bit bigger...and have lost weight so am now a slim size 10, but am really really untoned, which is not an exaggeration - deffo not a flat stomach, and i dont have like super arms/thighs. Would this be really offputting, or is a girls overall silhouette more important? Would you still consider her? Please be honest, as this is a serious question for me, I'm just asking your opinion.

Yes it's important.
    But I think it has a lot to do with what kind of guys you're into.

If you like guys with a great body, you'll have to offer one decent yourself. If you go with a skinny/feminine/nerd guy, well, if he doesn't care about his own body chances are he won't judge yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    If she's too perfect, she'll just raise her standards.

I love your sig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    If she's too perfect, she'll just raise her standards.

I love your sig.
    How many divisions of standards are there?

ReputationRep:
    One for each guy on the planet, I'd say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    You can get toned by just having a rather normal figure and applying some fake tan http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yes.gif

Erm, no you can't

come on guys, you know what I mean by toned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please

Curves not toned. Just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    lol, ah it never ends.
    :ditto:

Lulz @ these threads.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmm obvs not a guy, but in my experience guys will chat **** like "ooohhh dude she needs to be toned man, not fat, perfect tits, ass etc" but in reality if they like u they like u. Deffo as long as u have a pretty face and aren't fat, u got it going on. Very few guys are THAT good looking that they can tell u to GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by licensedX)
    hmmmmmm obvs not a guy, but in my experience guys will chat **** like "ooohhh dude she needs to be toned man, not fat, perfect tits, ass etc" but in reality if they like u they like u. Deffo as long as u have a pretty face and aren't fat, u got it going on. Very few guys are THAT good looking to be able to tell u to GTFO.
    This ^^

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.