Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This weekend I need to be in london, so I thought I may as well go to the Millwall Southampton game at the New Den because i've been trying to follow Southampton and get to a few of their games. And I've never been to Millwall before, and as it is something as a "rights of passage" for football fans in some circles, I was setting my mind on going.

I'm not stupid, I wouldn't wear colours or anything, and I've been told that from South Bermondsey train station towards the New Den is basically one long walkway separated from home fans.

So, I thought I'd be alright to go on my own, and thought that my only problem would be convincing the police that I want to get to North London after the game, not coming back to Soton.

So my question to Millwall fans/ people who have frequented the Den. Is it really that bad? Would I be stupid to go on my own?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't wear football merchandising then you should be fine. The area itself isn't the best place in the world but reputations of bad places to live in cities tend to be exaggerated. I've been around the area, though not in it, but the same is said about Peckham and other areas. TSRians have a thing for Bow though. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If you don't wear football merchandising then you should be fine. The area itself isn't the best place in the world but reputations of bad places to live in cities tend to be exaggerated. I've been around the area, though not in it, but the same is said about Peckham and other areas. TSRians have a thing for Bow though. :/
    Yeh that's what I was thinking. Football has come a long way from the days when people would be genuinely too scared to go to certain grounds. As long as I'm sensible I shouldnt have problems.

ReputationRep:
    I'll pay you to wear a West Ham shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    No thanks, I don't wanna meet this guy quite yet.

It's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bourney)
    No thanks, I don't wanna meet this guy quite yet.

Come on, don't be a pussy :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Dam, got there before me

EDIT- i'll give you good money to wear a Charlton shirt.

...Or start singing 'i'm forever blowing bubbles'

??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Dam, got there before me

EDIT- i'll give you good money to wear a Charlton shirt.

...Or start singing 'i'm forever blowing bubbles'

??
    I might give that one a go

ReputationRep:
    When I read this thread title I thought you meant to guy with blue hair and glasses in The Simpsons lol. Mill something :laugh:

A friend of mine has a 3 day trial at Millwall. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Tell everyone you're Brentford and you'll be fine :yy:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.