Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ice Skating? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone uses ice skating as a way to stay trim and tone the legs especially? How many times a week do you go or should you go? lol
    Any certain ways to skate to work more and how long should you skate for?
    Just thought I would ask as I used to go skating alot when I was younger for days at a time and then I stopped and started gaining a bit of weight :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC_x)
    Just wondering if anyone uses ice skating as a way to stay trim and tone the legs especially? How many times a week do you go or should you go? lol
    Any certain ways to skate to work more and how long should you skate for?
    Just thought I would ask as I used to go skating alot when I was younger for days at a time and then I stopped and started gaining a bit of weight :eek:
    I do! I used to go everyday after school to train and all, I have to say it definitely does an amazing job of toning your legs, because of the added weight of the boot when you skate.

If you're doing it to lose weight maybe just skate around the rink (crossovers to increase speed) because I think that's a better cardio work out. Jumps and spins use up short bursts of energy and therefore would be a more ineffectual except for personal pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    I used to go once a week, but in all fairness I do live an hour or so away from the local rink. My skates are dusty now though I miss it. I don't know if it kept me fit, I just did it for fun.

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be alot of posts about ice skating recentley...

Anything good on tv these days?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.