Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it less acceptable for your bf to check out your friends than a randomer? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It seems from people's responses on this forum that if their boyfriend glances at hot women in the street, it's not a problem. But if it's one of your good friends, it suddenly becomes an issue and he's doing something wrong. What's the problem here?

ReputationRep:
    JEALOUSY

They think that if it's a friend that it could lead to cheating. Girls need to be more secure tbh if they think like that.

ReputationRep:
    I think the general consensus would be they can trust their friends.

ReputationRep:
    Just more of a personal checking out because presumably he knows her too I guess.
    Surely if your girlfriend started oggling up your best friend it would anoy you more than some person on the street or a TV star or something?

ReputationRep:
    No. It's because it is embarrassing! And not to mention pervy.

ReputationRep:
    I tell my bf if I think my friends are pretty.
    Prettyness should always be appreciated.

I'm really not the jealous type.

ReputationRep:
    Because its unlikely that he'll see the random woman on the street again. Whereas with friends, its likely that he'll see them quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    It's more likely that a guy will cheat on the friends (who he may have regular contact/same social circle with) than the random girls in public who he will probably ever see again.

Besides, girls just don't trust other girls like us guys. There's a reason why us guys have a guys' code "bros before ****" and girls just think "***** he's mine now :mad:"

How's that for a generalisation :borat:

ReputationRep:
    for me its because

if its a stranger hes probably not going to see her again but if its a mate he would see her every time we all went out, would be talking to her, spending time with her etc and i would hate that but if it was someone walking past once shes gone thats it, its highly unlikely he will bump into her again or talk to her

ReputationRep:
    my girl has some hot friends, not my fault, sometimes i think about boning some of them

ReputationRep:
    i think like other people have mentioned that he will never see those on the street again ...ure friends he will prob c alot of...but try not to get to worked up cos it could destroy ure relationship and if ure really jealous or concerned just tell him u dont like it x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.