Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to concentrate during classes sometimes and can hardly get any work done.
    But as soon as it is 7pm, my brain sort of starts functioning properly lol. This is the time I can always get my homework and coursework done, and also a lot of revision.

Is anyone else like this?

ReputationRep:
    yes, thats why I am starting to revise now :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm like that. I wrote my best essays and had my most insightful thoughts about texts between the hours of 1am-5am. I think it's probably to do with the fact that your mind is naturally quieter at night along with the rest of the world, allowing you to concentrate better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsShifty)
    I'm like that. I wrote my best essays and had my most insightful thoughts about texts between the hours of 1am-5am. I think it's probably to do with the fact that your mind is naturally quieter at night along with the rest of the world, allowing you to concentrate better.
    this is exactly how i work but when my dad gets up for work at 6 and im still doing essays he shouts at me and tell me I can't possibly be functioning - then he tells my mum and she has a go as well saying that i must be writing ****. Number 1 reason for not living at home during uni

ReputationRep:
    I'm most awake at midnight! It's bloody awful.

ReputationRep:
    ye some reason its 6:00pm onwards for me!

ReputationRep:
    i am a lot like that...most of my revision is done between 00:00 to 5am!!!
    however my parents do find it quite crazy!!!

ReputationRep:
    Me too...
    In fact, I'm writing a report now!

ReputationRep:
    I used to during A-levels but now my sleeping pattern is soooo fecked at uni I can only concentrate in the mid afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty nocturnal, myself,
    but generally more productive between 5 and 9 rather than 3 am( all I do at 3 is watch house, tbh)

ReputationRep:
    YES! I spend all day finding any excuse to become distracted, I'll even just daydream about nothing - but when it comes 7pm I'll suddenly switch on and want to do nothing other than study.

It's weird but it's part of being a student. We are a nocturnal species.

ReputationRep:
    lol, I guess i don't follow the TSR trend of night workers...(i'm a morning guy, 6AM preferably )

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was most definitely like that. There's just too much to do, think about doing, want to do during the day. By 8pm I'm feeling settled and less distracted and I'm much more engaged in what I'm supposed to be doing I usually studied/ worked at anytime between 8pm and 3am and often joined the other 'all-nighters' in the computer room at uni while we were all writing our dissertations

No point changing what works for you just to suit sleeping patterns! Who needs sleep anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    this is exactly how i work but when my dad gets up for work at 6 and im still doing essays he shouts at me and tell me I can't possibly be functioning - then he tells my mum and she has a go as well saying that i must be writing ****. Number 1 reason for not living at home during uni
    Yeah, I got the same kind of stick from my parents when I was doing A-levels. And I used to stay up late on the interwebz, said webz still being a novelty back in my day.

Fortunately for most of my time at uni I lived with my bf who is exactly the same as me.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely work better at night. Last night from 12-1am I did 500 words of my essay. Today from 11am-8pm I did 80 words. I'm attempting another 500 now.

ReputationRep:
    im like that, aka why this post is at 1:05 am, i think its like your either an early bird or a night owl.
    random but notice how both of them metaphors are animals..... why not fruit? early banana or a late apple. just random.

ReputationRep:
    Revision After Midnight Ftw!

ReputationRep:
    I can't do essays or revise properly until everyone else in the house is in bed.
    Otherwise I just can't concentrate.

ReputationRep:
    Same here. Starting 8pm onwards, I can concentrate more on my work. Except afternoons, seems like everything is floating.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, im the same-my brain kicks itself into gear at 11pm, and starts to slow around 3am. But im not a morning person at all, so i usually feel dead for the entire day if i have course and essays to do! I swear im nocturnal:l

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.