Hey everybody. Recently I've been having some really weird dreams and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on them or has any similar stories.
[background] I'm up at uni in my second year and live in a house with three friends. I never have these dreams when I'm back home either.
They tend to be dreams that follow through into real life. Once I wake up it feels that the dream is still ongoing, and even if I think, 'oh i just had a weird dream', I still go along with the charade. It's like my mind knows it's not real but just doesn't adjust to reality.
Here are a list of my dreams in which this has happened:
1) I dreamt that I was hiding in a bunker and was the last soldier left in a battle, and a sniper knew where I was so had his crosshair on me, waiting for me to move. I then woke up, and felt like I couldn't move from under the duvet in case he shot and sat as still as I could until I slowly turned my bedside lamp on. Weird hey! Here's some more.
2) I dreamt that aliens were trying to find people, and I got split up from my group and ran into a barn or something in America, and it was dark and the alien found me. I then woke up facing the wall, convinced that there was an alien behind me, and as long as I didn't look at it then I would be safe.
3) Similar to above, I dream that lots of tiny space ships were looking for me and were all hovering in formation behind me. When I woke up, I had to stay still and turn my bedside lamp on so they'd go away.
4) In this dream, I am an engineer for the army and I'm stuck in the middle of a middle eastern desert place and I have to quickly find our tank in the midst of gunfire, and past a minefield. When I woke up, I had to creep really slowly across my bed to turn my room light on and avoid the mines.
5) Last night was the time when I thought I'd try to find out about these dreams. It was a quick dream, but there was some gangster or something under my bed and I'd done something wrong. When I woke up, I had to lay on a part of my bed where I guess he wouldn't shoot through the matress.
These are five versions of a weird type of dream that has continued into a conscious state, I hope that someone has some experience or knowledge they can give me, I'll rep whoever has some good insight [9 green gems worth]. At the very least I hope it amused some of you
Weird Dreams... watch
- Thread Starter
- 14-01-2010 02:03
- 14-01-2010 02:09
I've had that too, I was on a working holiday once and thought my friends had played a practical joke on me and switched rooms. It was horrific, I dreamt that they'd switched, then turned over to find what I thought was a different person next to me, and hardly slept the rest of the night. I used to have it as a child as well, I'd dream that the big teddy in the corner of the room was going to come and get me if i turned over.
Are you sure you're fully awake when you wake up? I know if I get this now, I'm not fully awake and it takes a good couple of minutes to wake myself up properly and shake off sleep. Are you worried about something, or is something coming up? Just because I'd say your dreams were about something creeping up on you, or making you worried to think that you were going to get shot/killed by an alien/killed by tiny space-ships? Maybe your subconcious is trying to tell you something!!
- 14-01-2010 02:15
too much cod
- 14-01-2010 02:21
Hypnogogic state my friend, half way between concious and unconcious. Can be quite vivid and scary sometimes, but probably less so if you understand what it is. Just feel lucky you don't have any strong hallucinations.
- 14-01-2010 02:28
I've had this before a fair few times.
Mainly when I was a child, but sometimes get them if I wake up to go to the loo and I dont turn the light on as still half asleep.
Its mostly been where I think someones behind me about to stab me.
Its wierd, think it is your mind just playing tricks or something.
- 14-01-2010 02:37
Website has a random title but believe me it worked for when my ex was trying to analyse her dreams
Only throwback to that was she was using it as a cover to gently break she was still in love with her ex.. Anyway, that website is pretty straightforward to use and understand.
- 14-01-2010 02:39
Call of Duty is some powerful ****.
The closest I get is when I'm so tired in the morning and my alarm goes off (on mobile) I get up and walk over to it pick it up, read the text, set it to snooze, take it to bed then fall asleep without it even entering my consciousness. I then wake up 9 minutes later after the snooze completely bemused.
I guess that's the reverse to your scenario.
PS. That was the first time I have used the word 'bemused'!!!
- Thread Starter
- 14-01-2010 14:02
Some good suggestions so far