Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there guys!

I was basically looking for anyone else who is currently sharing my plight.

I applied to be a police officer for Kent police back in thier Oct 2008 recruitment opening. I was notified in January 2009 that I had passed paper sift be due to the volume of applications they would not be able to tell me a date for assessment. I was then told I could expect an assessment possibly during summer 2009. That quickly passed and the next correspondance told me i could possibly expect it May 2010! Surprise, surprise I got another letter now just stating i can expect it "summer 2010".

After looking at a few other forums, I'm beginning to feel like the only one who's waiting this long in this particular intake. Am i likely to face massive waits between all of the other recruiment stages if i get through? Is anone else who applied at the same time experiencing this problem?

I have a feeling that this will turn into a good 3-4year application. Let that be a warning to anyone thinking of applying to Kent police, you've gotta be in it for the long run!

Sarah xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt_saz)
    Hey there guys!

I was basically looking for anyone else who is currently sharing my plight.

I applied to be a police officer for Kent police back in thier Oct 2008 recruitment opening. I was notified in January 2009 that I had passed paper sift be due to the volume of applications they would not be able to tell me a date for assessment. I was then told I could expect an assessment possibly during summer 2009. That quickly passed and the next correspondance told me i could possibly expect it May 2010! Surprise, surprise I got another letter now just stating i can expect it "summer 2010".

After looking at a few other forums, I'm beginning to feel like the only one who's waiting this long in this particular intake. Am i likely to face massive waits between all of the other recruiment stages if i get through? Is anone else who applied at the same time experiencing this problem?

I have a feeling that this will turn into a good 3-4year application. Let that be a warning to anyone thinking of applying to Kent police, you've gotta be in it for the long run!

Sarah xx
    I think you'll find it'll be the same for any police force at the moment - freezes on recruitment have led to what you just described unfortunately. I know the South Yorkshire police are due to have assessments this summer, but people won't be appointed until 2011/2012. It is a long process due to cuts now but keep on in there!

ReputationRep:
    Dear fellow sufferer, i think peopl who survive their process need a support group!lol

Dont give up. I have been waiting almost two years for a start date but am hopeful that with the start of the new finacial year, things will change. after all, they are getting tazers so...?

I have friends ahead of me who have been in scince September and said its totally worth the wait. At least youve come this far.

You've got to be in it to win it and once your in, your in for life. Personally, i have ups and downs but i try to stay focussed. i volunteered with my local station and maintain my fitness to make sure, when i do get that all important letter, i am ready!!

Atnd of course, if you are ever asked to provide an example of resiliance again, you will have a very good one : )

Power through. remind yourself how good the hat is going to look!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.