Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Exam pressure watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just how well do you cope with the pressure of exams?

We all deal and handle pressure in different ways. I know people who don't give a flying monkey and I know people that go nights without sleep revising.

I have a friend that I'm rather concerned about as she's just not coping with the expectation. She stayed up all last night revising because she felt unprepared even though she spends the vast majority of her free time with her head in a book, revising. I worry about her health because of this.

Personally, I don't get worked up over them until the night before. I start to imagine the scenarios. What topics haven't I revised enough, what happens if I fail etc. Generally, I handle them very well and I'm rather grateful that I feel this way though there's a part of me that wishes that I became crazy so I would revise that little bit more.

Also, don't you hate people who get A's and never revise because they're out/drunk 24/7? Damn you people! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, gets to all of us.

I manage, somehow.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I stress at last minute but it makes me work so it's probably good.

Until then I try and work (not as much as some of my friends unfortunately ). I try but I just can't pluck up the motivation half the time so I have the most inefficient revision schedule until the very last minute ... Here's hoping it works this time!!

ReputationRep:
    I like the pressure, make me work focus not nothing other than the exam, I forget about everything else. The day before is something else though.

ReputationRep:
    lol, I'm pulling an all-nighter now for revision. oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    lol, I'm pulling an all-nighter now for revision. oops.
    Still up?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it will seriously affect her health.

Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.