Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wait, how do I even know I exist? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    A compendium of built-up experiment.

to be honest, i don't really care. all that matters is that our view of atom-based matter perfectly explains all relevant phenomena, and no other theory comes remotely close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr3shmang0)
    .... What?
    Yeh, according to science, the wings of the bees are too light, and the bee are too heavy fot them to be able to fly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappinessHappening)
    I know this might sound like a ridiculously simple question, but how do scientists actually know about the structure of atoms and their constituent parts? Who proved it? If they're so small, how the hell do they actually know all the stuff seen in chemistry books?

And what do scientists mean when they say they've 'fired' particles in experiments? How can they even do that? How can they 'fire' an electron?

How do we know that the universe is made up of trillions and trillions of these little things called 'atoms'?

why don't you go and read a physics textbook? all you're going to get on here is idiotically uninformed replies, as evidenced by several posts above.

ReputationRep:
    Wow @ stupidity of people.

ReputationRep:
    I see people on this thread clearly do not do physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kuayyaz)
    Yeh, according to science, the wings of the bees are too light, and the bee are too heavy fot them to be able to fly.
    lol i saw that movie too.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the posts in this thread are 'fail of the year' worthy.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly need further proof of the theories that scientist hav come up with. I mean in their world bees should not be able to fly.
    Get stuffed, I'm doing aeronautical engineering, and we had a lecture in first year on flight of biological creatures - it covered various birds, butterflies and bees. All use slightly different techniques, but importantly, we know how they do it.

ReputationRep:
    OK, heres another one: how do scientists know that the sun is a star and is full of hydrogen. I mean its too hot to go there, and a satalite would just burn.
    Emission/absorbtion spectra gives us information about the chemical composition of the sun. In fact the core of the sun I believe I'm right in saying is mostly nickel.

ReputationRep:
    lol, dats a stupid question, you should maybe try going to/listening in school where these wonderful answers of the world and its atoms get answered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Well it's just belief, not fact. most things in life are whether religion, God, science, you name it. :yep:
    GTFO. You bug the physicists with this bull ****, too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    Some of the posts in this thread are 'fail of the year' worthy.
    Agree. Most of the stuff can simply be explained with a very basic understanding of GCSE level Physics, Chemistry, Maths and a bit of further reading/research on the internet.

I'm not saying it's bad to ask questions, it's great! You should be careful where you ask your questions though, there are a lot of people who "think" they know all the answers and will provide you with a lot of misinformation, ask the questions but ask a reliable source. As has been proven, this forum is not an entirely reliable source and if you lack the fundamental understanding to begin with, it's very hard to tell the difference between the people actually giving you the right answers and the people who are giving you wrong information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I'm guessing microscopes come into the equation.
    Atoms are far too small to be seen with a microscope.

ReputationRep:
    They have special glasses that allow them to see the atom:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)

Incorrect, thats how we know.

:ditto:

Im sure a quick search on google would have answered your question HH.

ReputationRep:
    how many pages do you think before someone tries to explain schrodingers cat experiment and then the OP's head blows up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappinessHappening)
    Sure, but where do they actually come from?
    "The Big Bang"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    how many pages do you think before someone tries to explain schrodingers cat experiment and then the OP's head blows up?
    I CAN DO THAT! I dunno if I want to be responsible for the OPs exploding head though =P

ReputationRep:
    They took my word for it :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.