Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For the Girls ........ Cauliflower Ear Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing martial arts for yeeeeeaaars and my ears are perfectly normal - just wear the bloody headguard most of the time, it's a pain in the ass but you get used to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam656)
    It's not that common for Rugby players actually compared to grappleing and boxing, but yea, looks like i better start wearing a head guard
    It's not actually that common amongst boxers, although almost all grapplers have them to a certain extent. I don't grapple much tho (although i'm looking for a cheap bjj class), but i make a point of always wearing my headguard and ignoring the haters. I mean at the end of the day, you've got to wear one in competition, so you might as well get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Is it rugby you play?

I've played prop or second row for 5 years now without a headguard ever. I'm sure your ears won't get cauliflowed anytime soon.

I think it might be more likely if your ears stick out a bit, but mine are quite close (obviously, but I mean the don't extrude much) to my head.

ReputationRep:
    that is eww. protect your ears!

ReputationRep:
    i hardly noticed it to be honest :/ but its preventable then id do it xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Is it rugby you play?

I've played prop or second row for 5 years now without a headguard ever. I'm sure your ears won't get cauliflowed anytime soon.

I think it might be more likely if your ears stick out a bit, but mine are quite close (obviously, but I mean the don't extrude much) to my head.
    he grapples and boxes, it's very common amongst wrestlers and bjj practitioners etc.

ReputationRep:
    It would put me off. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    That video was so funny 'oh my god it feels like I'm taking a **** outta my ear'. Brightened up my day, thanks :YY:

ReputationRep:
    Facepalm at asking women what they're attracted to and turned off by.

Women are deluded creatures, dancing with unicorns in spring meadows, disconnected from an understanding of the carnal behaviour-directing desires of their DNA.

If a guy is masculine and not a retard, it doesn't matter about a califlower ear.

ReputationRep:
    I do MMA, and I avoid getting cauliflower ears by draining the injured area with insulin needles. I have also worn ear-guards in the past, but I found that the added friction made choke escapes difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew_)
    I do MMA, and I avoid getting cauliflower ears by draining the injured area with insulin needles. I have also worn ear-guards in the past, but I found that the added friction made choke escapes difficult.
    I have this problem lol :o: Although it has meant that I work harder to avoid getting myself choked in the first place lol, and it means that your technique on the escapes has to improve.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you like headguards?

Ask yourself, is it worth it?

(Original post by saab_101)
    It's not actually that common amongst boxers, although almost all grapplers have them to a certain extent. I don't grapple much tho (although i'm looking for a cheap bjj class), but i make a point of always wearing my headguard and ignoring the haters. I mean at the end of the day, you've got to wear one in competition, so you might as well get used to it.
    I train at Roger Gracie's in Ladbroke but that's expensive lol, £100 a month, I prefer no-gi also. http://www.gracie-barra.co.uk/index....d=71&Itemid=71 Dagenhams pretty closest to you.

(Original post by Andrew_)
    This is what I hate about it apart from the fact he messes with the feeling of my head etc, I just don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of it but don't really know what causes it... from the posts in this thread I guess it's due to getting a blow to the head in rugby or something? Back on the topic itself though I don't think its unattractive, doesn't really bother me either way to be honest. I don't tend to look at the ears. As long as they're listening all is well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam656)
    I meant your confidence not mine lol ..
    Oh! Hahaha! Oh well, better to be honest than lie to myself I guess. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Rugby players are ******s in any case. I can't think of anything worse than groping men.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it's gross :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick looking at something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby sexy)
    Rugby players are ******s in any case. I can't think of anything worse than groping men.
    My brother plays rugby and he is not some "******"

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    Oh! Hahaha! Oh well, better to be honest than lie to myself I guess. :o:
    Doesn't matter if you're ugly (Sure you aren't) if you have big self confidence and a ego youll do pretty fine. Unless you're a complete pig of course :lolwut:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.