Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For the Girls ........ Cauliflower Ear Watch

ReputationRep:
    Girls, the Lad points of having a cauliflower ear must do something for you?! I'd say they are worth atleast 5 points (per ear).

ReputationRep:
    nasty...but personality is more important

ReputationRep:
    dude, wear a head guard, seriously. surely the inconvenience cant be that great that its not worth it to stop you having one of those.

ReputationRep:
    kind of icky. wouldnt be a deal breaker but if you can avoid it, do

ReputationRep:
    Wear the ******* headguard. That just looks alienated.

ReputationRep:
    That's disgusting - would put me right off a girl. Take up fencing or archery if you want to learn how to kill things - MMA is so uncivilised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob Waddell)
    Girls, the Lad points of having a cauliflower ear must do something for you?! I'd say they are worth atleast 5 points (per ear).
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if anything but the most scuzzy chav girl would ever look at you again after having one those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if anything but the most scuzzy chav girl would ever look at you again after having one those.
    From looking at your first post I think you need to grow a pair of balls.

That's disgusting - would put me right off a girl. Take up fencing or archery if you want to learn how to kill things - MMA is so uncivilised.
    made me lol

However, I don't think it's the same type of attraction, why would a girl have it and what kind of guy on this earth would go near that kind of girl?

Rob I bet you have monster lats, rowings tough.

ReputationRep:
    From looking at your first post I think you need to grow a pair of balls.
    Uh-huh. I'll take my longbow and swords over fists everytime - if you cared to match against that you'd be very foolish. Also, I'm talking longsword and sabre fencing, not pussy foils. I'd also like to see you try drawing a 100lb warbow; I'd bet my life that you couldn't do it.

Boxing in its modern incarnation is a sport for retards and thugs who wouldn't miss losing half their braincells anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam656)
    Ah slideyfoot, I was reading your blog last night at your time at RGA while I was searching for something on google. It is indeed great at RGA and esp for me as they have a variety of big guys I can train with, with out demolishing the little 80kgs :p:
    While famous names like Roger and his dad tend to be the selling point, for me the best thing about RGA was the enormous variety of training partners. That meant a small guy like me (64kg) still had plenty of people to roll with at around my weight, along with people who were just damn good training partners, regardless of size. I still miss training with people like Christina, Joanna and Tran.

Some huge guys at RGA too. I remember Matt Feely being especially big, and a really nice guy. Then there's Junior, of course, along with Zaf (I had some good rolls with him, as he was always willing to take it down a few notches and work technique).

ReputationRep:
    its not the worse thing, but if my boyfriend got it it make him do all it takes to get rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    Uh-huh. I'll take my longbow and swords over fists everytime - if you cared to match against that you'd be very foolish. Also, I'm talking longsword and sabre fencing, not pussy foils. I'd also like to see you try drawing a 100lb warbow; I'd bet my life that you couldn't do it.

Boxing in its modern incarnation is a sport for retards and thugs who wouldn't miss losing half their braincells anyway.
    ******* hell, are you one of these ******* weird fantasy nerds, who prances around a 'mysterious' forest pretending to be some one from Lord of the Rings? Certainly sounds like it.

Why generalise a sport? Do you even know anyone that boxes? Anyway, i don't even box, I play Rugby..

And yes I could draw your gay little '100lb warbow'.

ReputationRep:
    I definiteley prefer non-cauliflower ears bu it wouldn't be a massive issue!

This is London, u'd take ur homo warbow and whatever fantasy dragon you are riding on and get shot in the face by a bullet.

(Original post by slideyfoot)
    While famous names like Roger and his dad tend to be the selling point, for me the best thing about RGA was the enormous variety of training partners. That meant a small guy like me (64kg) still had plenty of people to roll with at around my weight, along with people who were just damn good training partners, regardless of size. I still miss training with people like Christina, Joanna and Tran.

Some huge guys at RGA too. I remember Matt Feely being especially big, and a really nice guy. Then there's Junior, of course, along with Zaf (I had some good rolls with him, as he was always willing to take it down a few notches and work technique).
    Only downside to RGA is not enough no-gi classes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam656)
    Only downside to RGA is not enough no-gi classes
    Heh - that depends entirely on whether or not you like training no-gi. I'm more than happy sticking with the pyjamas every training session: I like being able to slow things down with all the handles.

They used to have two no-gi classes a week, but hardly anyone showed up, so it went down to one.

(Original post by slideyfoot)
    Heh - that depends entirely on whether or not you like training no-gi. I'm more than happy sticking with the pyjamas every training session: I like being able to slow things down with all the handles.

They used to have two no-gi classes a week, but hardly anyone showed up, so it went down to one.
    Lol I hate the sleeve and lapel and belt grips etc, collar chokes too, i'm truely a no-gi fan.

ReputationRep:
    Ears are never pretty anyway, why on earth would it be an issue?

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell, are you one of these ******* weird fantasy nerds, who prances around a 'mysterious' forest pretending to be some one from Lord of the Rings? Certainly sounds like it.

Why generalise a sport? Do you even know anyone that boxes? Anyway, i don't even box, I play Rugby..

And yes I could draw your gay little '100lb warbow'.
    No, longbow as in the English Longbow which you can find in any archery club and is ruled by the same governing body as recurve and compounds. This isn't a plastic Robin Hood playset, which is what you seemto think. And I doubt you could pull it considering you need to train your tendons to use the bow, which for a 100lber takes years of archery practice - it's not anythig like bench-pressing. 'Warbow' means it is shot for distance, uses a heavy arrow and is over 80lbs draw; it has no 'Lord of the Rings' connotations.

As for sabre fencing that again is ruled by the same governing bodies as a foil - it's a different style of fencing. The longsword is the two-handed weapon of the 15-17th century and again is a legitimate and regulated sport. Again, nothing to do with Lord of the Rings.

And no; I'm not a 'weird little fantasy nerd' and don't go around 'mysterious forests'. :rolleyes:

Yes, I've known several boxers, all complete *******.

No, longbow as in the English Longbow which you can find in any archery club and is ruled by the same governing body as recurve and compounds. This isn't a plastic Robin Hood playset, which is what you seemto think. And I doubt you could pull it considering you need to train your tendons to use the bow, which for a 100lber takes years of archery practice - it's not anythig like bench-pressing. 'Warbow' means it is shot for distance, uses a heavy arrow and is over 80lbs draw; it has no 'Lord of the Rings' connotations.

As for sabre fencing that again is ruled by the same governing bodies as a foil - it's a different style of fencing. The longsword is the two-handed weapon of the 15-17th century and again is a legitimate and regulated sport. Again, nothing to do with Lord of the Rings.

And no; I'm not a 'weird little fantasy nerd' and don't go around 'mysterious forests'. :rolleyes:

Yes, I've known several boxers, all complete *******.
    I think you have several issues, that a 2h sword and a warbow can't fix.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.