Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not the best thing in the world but I love rugby guys so I wouldn't care How about using tape n that white head bandy thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    No, longbow as in the English Longbow which you can find in any archery club and is ruled by the same governing body as recurve and compounds. This isn't a plastic Robin Hood playset, which is what you seemto think. And I doubt you could pull it considering you need to train your tendons to use the bow, which for a 100lber takes years of archery practice - it's not anythig like bench-pressing. 'Warbow' means it is shot for distance, uses a heavy arrow and is over 80lbs draw; it has no 'Lord of the Rings' connotations.

As for sabre fencing that again is ruled by the same governing bodies as a foil - it's a different style of fencing. The longsword is the two-handed weapon of the 15-17th century and again is a legitimate and regulated sport. Again, nothing to do with Lord of the Rings.

And no; I'm not a 'weird little fantasy nerd' and don't go around 'mysterious forests'. :rolleyes:

Yes, I've known several boxers, all complete *******.
    Sure, Whatever you say Aragorn.

I really don't care about you or your weapons. You are generalising boxers/rugby players etc, so I shall generalise about you little fantasy geeks that play with swords.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam656)
    I heard if you have them real bad and rub your ears on someone, it's like a grinding feel / noise because of the hardness lol,

Wouldn't bother you though right? :p:
    Wha...? Why would you rub your ears on someone anyway?

(Original post by S_123)
    Wha...? Why would you rub your ears on someone anyway?
    Not on purpose lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.