Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    I know a gay guy's opinion isn't as useful in the context you describe, but I can honestly tell you that most guys really do seem to be out on the prowl and can be insensitive about their actions. It's difficult to describe why one can see most men as sex-hungry ***** without really experiencing it; so you do have to understand why girls find most guys to be totally sex-driven.

Regardless, I am sure the right girl who isn't convinced most men are ***** will come along. I do also agree with you that men do see a split between decent and badly behaved girls, whilst girls are most likely to look at most guys as *****.
    Cheers for posting regardless.

I do believe most are on on the prowl yes but it seems to me that women think they will never find a confident andfunny guy who actually cares for them.

ReputationRep:
    See this mess under your epic post... the masses just don't want to see the truth.

Rep to you.

ReputationRep:
    That was a really long post.

ReputationRep:
    Are you not doing a lot of what you're complaining about?
    You really are making a lot of generalisations. Although admittedly, you do have a good point. :p:
    I agree with a lot of what you said about girls, but to be honest, a lot of girls won't form an opinion of a guy until she gets to know them, so don't really go around branding all guys to be a certain way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lover's Knot)
    **** you
    Ahahahaha he mad

ReputationRep:
    so your not a village idiot afterall.

ReputationRep:
    Best post I've seen in a while.

Double standards are all around these days.

ReputationRep:
    repped

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree with you to be honest. It works both ways, and it's often something so called 'feminists' refuse to see. I may be going off on a tangent here, but I don't understand these man-hating women who think girl power is their duty and that they must all line up and fight against men. How about standing up for yourself, irrespective of your sex?!?! Argh, it makes me angry sometimes.

Anyway, I like the fact you speak your mind- you have been repped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    And then you hear them saying “oh well I’ll just have loads of fun with bad boys then settle down with a nice guy later in my life”. Let's revise that, basically you're going to enjoy yourself with the losers until the nice guys have money and since you know they will treat you right you will settle down with them. Isn’t that exactly the same as the guys who smash sluts then expect to have a model girlfriend by 25 who is super slim and be completely OK that he's done a load of cheap minger girls? Duhhhhhh I think so.
    Any girl who says that deserves to be punched.

ReputationRep:
    If I could rep you vilage_idoit I would. At last someone stands up for us nice guys properly and presents all these double standards that everyone recognises

ReputationRep:
    OP, you are extremely bitter and on the road to misogyny. You lament the fact that no one can see your pure heart, whine about girls claiming "all men are the same," and then make numerous blanket statements about women. We are all heartless *****es who only go for "bad guys," can't appreciate a nice guy, and are just counting down the days until we meet a rich guy who can support our shopping habits. Because women only care about money and shoes, right? RIGHT? :rolleyes:

People like confidence. That's not going to change no matter how much you *****. I personally can't like someone I don't admire, and it's hard to admire someone who doesn't feel they are worth my time either.

Regardless of any other factors, looks DO matter in relationships, and so do social graces. There is no such thing as "accidental manipulation". Most self-proclaimed nice guys have this sense of entitlement about their niceness. If they are nice enough, girls should fall head over heel sin love with them and put out, right? Then "nice guys" get bitter when it doesn't happen, because they are sacraficing their personality and desires for a girl who has no ******* clue that they're doing so. If you want someone to love you, grow a personality, grow a backbone, give someone a reason to love you instead of walking all over you. That's not being a jerk, that's being a self-respecting human being. If you aren't getting girls of the caliber (looks-wise or otherwise) that you desire, take a look at yourself. Instead of calling girls *****es for turning you down, hit the gym or read a book to change how you come off. Or go for uglier, dumber girls. Because hey, they deserve a chance, just like you. If you expect girls to settle, why don't you do the same?

This blog illustrates my opinions on "nice guys" better than I ever could. http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

Oh, and for the record, most guys in the 20-30 range DO just want sex from the vast majority of girls they meet. I am friends with a lot of guys, and while most of them are sweethearts in relationships and deep down, ARE looking for something special...they ALL **** around with girls at every chance they get until they meet someone special enough to completely wow them. Some of these are drunken hookups, consensual ****-buddy situations, etc...but a lot of them have no qualms about ******* with a girl's head if they think it'll get them where they want. Not to say no girls I know do this, but it does put me on guard with a lot of guys.

And since most of us have been burned at least a few times in these situations, it's only natural that we would be suspicious of a guy's motives until we get to know him. That doesn't make us evil, conniving *****es. I certainly don't go for "bad guys." Nerdy guys are more my type. I've still been burned more times than I'd like.

So my advice to you OP: Grow a pair, hit the gym, get some acne facewash, and don't regale women with rants about how annoying conniving you think they all are. Maybe your luck will improve.

*edit* admittedly, I didn't read your whole wall-of-text OP, just fragments of it, before posting this. I just finished reading it, and you claim you are not one of the nerdy "nice guys" you are defending, but you sound awfully angry and bitter in your rant to not be. Regardless, to anyone who was nodding along to the OP because they relate and were not blessed with the good looks, charm, and luck, that viliage_idiot was, my post still applies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coherence)
    If I could rep you vilage_idoit I would. At last someone stands up for us nice guys properly and presents all these double standards that everyone recognises
    If a girl was into bad guys, she wouldn't read all that wall of text in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Longest quote ever.

[/B]

What precisely are you wanting to achieve here?

You are saying not all men are after sex, and I'm saying that not all women are as you portray. I don't think that we are going to get any further than that....

edit: I understand your point, but I dont think what you describe is ever going to change :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ink)
    OP, you are extremely bitter and on the road to misogyny. You lament the fact that no one can see your pure heart, whine about girls claiming "all men are the same," and then make numerous blanket statements about women. We are all heartless *****es who only go for "bad guys," can't appreciate a nice guy, and are just counting down the days until we meet a rich guy who can support our shopping habits. Because women only care about money and shoes, right? RIGHT? :rolleyes:

People like confidence. That's not going to change no matter how much you *****. I personally can't like someone I don't admire, and it's hard to admire someone who doesn't feel they are worth my time either.

Regardless of any other factors, looks DO matter in relationships, and so do social graces. There is no such thing as "accidental manipulation". Most self-proclaimed nice guys have this sense of entitlement about their niceness. If they are nice enough, girls should fall head over heel sin love with them and put out, right? Then "nice guys" get bitter when it doesn't happen, because they are sacraficing their personality and desires for a girl who has no ******* clue that they're doing so. If you want someone to love you, grow a personality, grow a backbone, give someone a reason to love you instead of walking all over you. That's not being a jerk, that's being a self-respecting human being. If you aren't getting girls of the caliber (looks-wise or otherwise) that you desire, take a look at yourself. Instead of calling girls *****es for turning you down, hit the gym or read a book to change how you come off. Or go for uglier, dumber girls. Because hey, they deserve a chance, just like you. If you expect girls to settle, why don't you do the same?

This blog illustrates my opinions on "nice guys" better than I ever could. http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

Oh, and for the record, most guys in the 20-30 range DO just want sex from the vast majority of girls they meet. I am friends with a lot of guys, and while most of them are sweethearts in relationships and deep down, ARE looking for something special...they ALL **** around with girls at every chance they get until they meet someone special enough to completely wow them. Some of these are drunken hookups, consensual ****-buddy situations, etc...but a lot of them have no qualms about ******* with a girl's head if they think it'll get them where they want. Not to say no girls I know do this, but it does put me on guard with a lot of guys.

And since most of us have been burned at least a few times in these situations, it's only natural that we would be suspicious of a guy's motives until we get to know him. That doesn't make us evil, conniving *****es. I certainly don't go for "bad guys." Nerdy guys are more my type. I've still been burned more times than I'd like.

So my advice to you OP: Grow a pair, hit the gym, get some acne facewash, and don't regale women with rants about how annoying conniving you think they all are. Maybe your luck will improve.
    Heh, I'll actually stick up for my mate here (he's OP).

YOu have noooo idea how wrong you are babe about him. First of all, he's not a needy nice guy. Quite the opposite. Secondly you're sooo wrong about looks, they matter by a very small factor if you have everything else a girl wants. As for backbone and personality, LOL, this is the same guy that on a good night will turn away 8-10 girls, he's picky and he has lots to pick from.

In all honest I think you are the one that sounds bitter, you said that you've been burned, lol, don't take it out on him, fix yourself. Here's a bible quote for you: Take the plank out of your own eye before you take the spec out of mine.

ReputationRep:
    i agree 100% with origianl post. good thread m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ink)
    OP, you are extremely bitter and on the road to misogyny. You lament the fact that no one can see your pure heart, whine about girls claiming "all men are the same," and then make numerous blanket statements about women.

I've been on the road of misogyny. At one point I slept with three girls in a row and they all told me after that they all had boyfriends. I thougt women were just cheap and easy sluts because I seemed to pull girls who had boyfriends all the time - even the ones that seemed nice. However I came to realise that not all girls are cheap and slutty. My post is explaining that like so, all guys are not after sex and will use you.

But yeah, I agree with you that most are - and it annoys me. Because of them, I am branded like them when I see myself as above them simply because I am honest and respect girls.

I don't see a problem with you being suspicious. That;s fine. If I meet a girl I actually like I have no problem respecting her wishes if she wants to make sure I'm not a prick like the rest of them because I can prove I'm not. The problem comes when they just disregard me as a **** simply because I'm good with girls and not even knowing me as a person.

I don't need to the gym or doing any of that, I'm happy being my skinny 6'2" self. And I don't need my luck to improve. Nice ad hominem there. I didn't insult you so why be like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    What precisely are you wanting to achieve here?

You are saying not all men are after sex, and I'm saying that not all women are as you portray. I don't think that we are going to get any further than that....

edit: I understand your point, but I dont think what you describe is ever going to change :confused:
    A few hundred people will read this. I know nothing will change but still that doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Heh, I'll actually stick up for my mate here (he's OP).

YOu have noooo idea how wrong you are babe about him. First of all, he's not a needy nice guy. Quite the opposite. Secondly you're sooo wrong about looks, they matter by a very small factor if you have everything else a girl wants. As for backbone and personality, LOL, this is the same guy that on a good night will turn away 8-10 girls, he's picky and he has lots to pick from.

In all honest I think you are the one that sounds bitter, you said that you've been burned, lol, don't take it out on him, fix yourself. Here's a bible quote for you: Take the plank out of your own eye before you take the spec out of mine.
    lol, I'm not bitter, but the nice guy rant is old, and one I'm sick of hearing. This is the internet. I don't claim to know your friend, but most people who get this impassioned about this topic are creepy losers who are bitter about girls because of their ill luck. Congrats to the OP for not being this way?

I'm not taking anything out on anyone. Self-proclaimed nice-guys aren't the ones that burned me. I was simply offering an explanation as to why some girls ***** that guys "only want one thing" or "all guys are jerks." Most girls ***** like that after experiencing it. It's a lesson learned, and falling for someone who didn't want the same thing as me doesn't mean I need to "fix myself," thanks. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A few hundred people will read this. I know nothing will change but still that doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion!
    I agree with that entirely, and I appreciate your point of view. But the majority of one's opinions are formed by previous experience so if a guy or girl has been treated like **** by a member of the opposite sex, perhaps even more than once, its very difficult to change that opinion.

I hear what you are saying about guys, and I honestly do try to bare in mind what you are saying...but I will always be very wary of their intentions and therefor integrity. It's all too easy to lie to get what you want, and then walk away after. I know thats not all guys, but I have to say I have seen a lot of guys do that. I suppose women too, but I wouldnt have experienced that as I dont bat for that team :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.