Turn on thread page Beta

Why are some girls so up themselves? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    Long thread - no need to tl;dr as I don't care whether you personally, read it or not.

I already know the answer to this question: because of an endless supply of drunken sleazes who will try to touch your bazonkas without asking. But this isn’t the problem. The problem comes when girls assume all men, and I mean all men are only after sex. For me it’s not all about the sex. And for many guys it isn’t. It’s amazing being able to really connect with a girl and feel complete comfort in her presence, for me at least. It's also very rare. Sex is good too but I can easily have fit ****s for that who take no effort – which is why I don’t understand why they think it’s all about the sex.

I’ve just been told that since I’m a guy, if a really fit girl came into my flat and wanted sex with me, I would obviously rattle her. I can honestly say I wouldn’t. I even explained why – I don’t want to feel cheap or used (which they scoffed at, because obviously guys don’t have feelings; how can they feel cheap or used? They just want sex!) and even explained to them my ‘no sex gambit’ – which is telling a girl that you are getting intimate with ‘I’m not going to have sex with you’, and explained why it makes the girl want you even more (for the girls that dispute this, don’t bother, it’s true and works for me, obviously there are exceptions though). Still they would not believe me.

They have seen me do nice things with girls when I could so easily have ****** them over. Yet they still remain adamant I am a ****.

Another one, men can’t be raped or taken advantage of. So it’s completely unacceptable for guys to take advantage of drunken girls, but if a girl does it a guy it’s ok because he’s a guy? What exactly goes through these girls’ heads? I’ve been taken advantage of by stinking girls before but can I blame them? No. I got drunk, I paid the consequences. If a girl gets drunk and gets taken advantage of (assuming it’s consensual and not rape) then it’s her own damn fault. People are exploiters. Get used to it. In an ideal world you could get drunk and nothing bad would have to happen to you; we are not in an ideal world. You get drunk and you will do things you will regret – why is this so hard to understand?

Some of the girls I talk to seem to have overinflated egos of themselves. “This guy tried to pull me in a club and I just laughed in his face, it was so funny” – yep, I’ve heard that. Next time you inconsiderate biatches have a guy come onto you, how about sparing a thought for the guy’s feelings? Because of you, that guy might not approach another girl for weeks if you humiliate him. Appreciate his bravery (being honest it isn’t bravery if he’s drunk but still) and be kind but firm. Again, since people are pernickety on TSR, this does not apply to all girls, but from my experience an amount that made me feel compelled to post about.

All guys are notdicks like you love to tell the world they are. The bad boys that you feel oh so attracted to are the ones who are up themselves, but you love them because they are confident and respect themselves. You love that they will tease you and toy with you before discarding you. You know it will happen, but there is nothing you can do about it. It’s like asking a typical guy to be attracted to a fat, pimply girl wearing glasses with greasy hair. I don't blame you for this.

I know why you’re not attracted to nice guys. Because they’re too nice and give out no sexual vibes. They try to manipulate your feelings (unintentionally) by letting you have your own way and asking you what you want to do, and offering to pay for things and giving you material goods. Which is all very sweet of them but let’s be honest, it’s boring. You also know that they are insecure of themselves as a person that makes them want to be super nice to make up for their unattractiveness. And it’s no fun having your own way all the time.

But nice guys are good guys. They are good at heart - which is what I believe counts. A person with good intentions will have it shine through their actions. Just because you aren’t attracted to them doesn’t mean all guys are dicks. It pains guys so much to hear that there are no nice guys in this world when you’re talking to one who actually cares about you and is frustrated that you always pick the cocks who mess you about. He just doesn’t realise how to be attractive, apart from messing girls around and being cocky – which he might just do (I did and came full circle). So just because you are not attracted to the good guys, does not mean all guys are dicks.

And then you hear them saying “oh well I’ll just have loads of fun with bad boys then settle down with a nice guy later in my life”. Let's revise that, basically you're going to enjoy yourself with the losers until the nice guys have money and since you know they will treat you right you will settle down with them. Isn’t that exactly the same as the guys who smash sluts then expect to have a model girlfriend by 25 who is super slim and be completely OK that he's done a load of cheap minger girls? Duhhhhhh I think so.

I also love how girls will proclaim all day long about equal rights, but as soon as they are out some of them see nothing wrong with going out with no money and getting guys to buy them drinks.
    And you’re reading this and you’re going to say I’m making generalisations. Oh really? Do you think so? We make generalisations that are assumptions based on our own experiences. So does that mean that this post is ******** because obviously I don’t know all 3 billion women? If so, let’s just delete TSR.

By the way I am not misogynistic, I am not a nice guy, and I am not annoying at what girls are attracted to. The reason I posted this was simply because girls seem to generalise all guys as being sex addicted, pervy, creepy gimps that will ram anything that moves.

There are two sides to every coin, and this goes for guys too. So learn them both, then make a judgement. I know not all girls are like this but it seems to me like substantial amounts are.

Guys, please tell me if I am right or not because sometimes I wonder if anyone else can see all these double standards. Even today, girls on TSR have said it's creepy if a normal guy looks at her but if it's an attractive guy they're fine.

I realise I will be on red neg by a swathe of angry girls who will tell me how bad guys are, but you don't have to. I know how bad they are.

But it's you who doesn't seem to know how good they are.

I am a confident, funny guy who has no problems attracting girls. I usually see more than one girl at the same time but I am honest with them all, and they like me for this. I am not a ****, nor do I **** them around in any way. I believe in honesty and respect, yet still getting what you want from your relationships, even if it is casual sex.I included this not to be arrogant, but to stop a flood of 'bitter insecure nice guy' replies which aren't true or relevant.
    Dude 3 words - BIG HEADED ****S. I've come across so many. Even the most butters girl can get guys coming onto her. They assume that they're good looking because guys are after them but really they're trying to block out the fact that the guy just wants the lay. Which is why they get insecure and need a daily fix of guys hitting on them so they can tell their mates about the ones they rejected and the ones they slept with. If no guys hit on them these girls think there is something wrong which means they dress and act more sluttier. As soon as they hit about 25-30 they start getting a bit more desperate as they are ageing . So they end up settling down with the guy who is the most financially stable regardless of his looks or personality. Later in the marriage the women learns that it was a mistake and ends up cheating and getting a divorce...leaving an old single woman who never finds happiness. This is the life of a ****.

ReputationRep:
    It's easier to just smash them and others. This is OK only if you let the girl know your intentions and be honest.

Trust me - it works. Girls love a confident guy who will treat them nice, it's just slightly annoying that some girls refuse to give me a chance because I must be a ****.
    But why would you give girls that impression? The girls I know would only tend to make that assumption about a guy if he appeared arrogant or rude. I'm not saying you are either, you may just be unfortunate in the group of girls you know, but in my understanding, a girl won't just assume a guy is no good unless she has reason to think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    I'm gunna have to say I agree with OP too. Funny how most guys are positive about this and most girls negative? He'll definitely be getting rep from me in a minute. As a guy I have to say girls have treated me far worse than any male friend of mine (or myself, for that matter) has treated or does treat girls. One of my exes gave her ex boyfriend head while I was still in the same room. Another got off with someone without even trying to make sure I wasn't looking and another repeatedly kissed/got topless on webcam/told me she fancied other guys and as-near-as-makes-no-difference raped me one more than one occasion. The last one, if I'd treated her in the same way (forced myself on her, ripped off her clothes pushing myself on her, repeatedly sworn at her for not being sexual back) she would have grounds to file several sexual assault charges against me. As it is, most people have a go at me for not standing up to her, and it's somehow more ok because she's a girl. I've had more exes treat me like **** than I've had exes that haven't and I've treated all of them (regardless of how they've treated me) with the utmost respect and care throughout our relationships.

Girls can be abusive and generally **** people in relationships and get away with it, whereas a guy has far more restrictions on his personality and actions. I think when this barrier has been broken down there will be far fewer problems between guys and girls as far as preconceptions and stereotypes go. Girls take for granted that guys will do a lot to get into bed with them. I know a lot of my friends just don't take any money with them when they go out and flirt with a guy until they get given a drink and then move on to the next one. Why should a guy treat this girl with respect if she has so little for him in return?
    Mate I've had similar experiences when I was a pushover. Then I turned cocky then arrogant and started pulling tenfold. I could treat themlike **** or however I'd please and they'd still come back for more.

I ended up messing around a girl who was actually worthy of respect though, and it made me realise that they are nice and bad girls. I've never found another yet but I will, you just have to remain hopeful not let women treat you like ****. The moment they mess up - that's their chance with you over. None of this forgiving lark for messing you around or something.

Follow these two rules:

The most important part of the relationship

Always treat women with respect and honesty

As long as you follow these two rules you will be firm and not messed around, without messin around thegirl either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    But why would you give girls that impression? The girls I know would only tend to make that assumption about a guy if he appeared arrogant or rude. I'm not saying you are either, you may just be unfortunate in the group of girls you know, but in my understanding, a girl won't just assume a guy is no good unless she has reason to think so.
    Because I'm apparently good with women means I am the type to mess them around. That's their reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    i wanted to ask this exact same question to you.. but seems like someone beat me to it. :p:

OKAY SO THIS IS A LAME POST BUT HEY AT LEAST I POSTED AND WASN'T LAZY LIKE YOU.

ReputationRep:
    because too many boys make it obvious that they'd like to put it "up" them. Therefore the ego is inflated over time to a silly size. shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nellydee)
    i wanted to ask this exact same question to you.. but seems like someone beat me to it. :p:

OKAY SO THIS IS A LAME POST BUT HEY AT LEAST I POSTED AND WASN'T LAZY LIKE YOU.
    Disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm apparently good with women means I am the type to mess them around. That's their reason.
    Then I think you know a strange group of girls.
    The only way I'd judge a guy for being 'good with women' is if he's had a string of relationships with girls who have bad reputations. Even if he is decent, the girls don't seem it. I'd wonder why he chose to date them if he was a nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    Just as you don't want girls to make assumptions, you shouldn't tar all girls with the same brush. Some of us aren't up ourselves, and love nice guys, promise!

But I guess it's easy as a girl to act in the way you described when approached by guys, because, a lot of the time, when a guy approaches a girl he'll say something pervy / sleazy / plain awful. But yeah, some girls should make a little effort to be nicer.

Sorry, I'm rambling, but nice guys are the best! If a girl is just into arses, then she's not worth your effort I guess.

Long thread - no need to tl;dr as I don't care whether you personally, read it or not.

But it's you who doesn't seem to know how good they are.

I am a confident, funny guy who has no problems attracting girls. I usually see more than one girl at the same time but I am honest with them all, and they like me for this. I am not a ****, nor do I **** them around in any way. I believe in honesty and respect, yet still getting what you want from your relationships, even if it is casual sex.I included this not to be arrogant, but to stop a flood of 'bitter insecure nice guy' replies which aren't true or relevant.
    :eek:
    Are you for real? You make a thread with that title... admit that you're not one of those shy/good guys (i love them guys), and then tell us that you see more than one girl at time, after telling us that guys like you arent in it (what ever in it means:p: ) for sex:confused:
    After writing the bold bit about yourself, why do you think girls are stuck up? (you answered that), but why are you blaming them?
    Its infact guys like you, the reason why girls are stuck up, you see more than one girl at a time??:confused: Maybe this is the reason why a girl would reject you.... apart from the slutty girls who are desperate for a quick shag, (just like you are).....

I think you'va had enough of slutty girls, and want a better girl who wants a proper relationship,... and thats hard for you right now, becasue of the image you portray.
    I've been on the road of misogyny. At one point I slept with three girls in a row and they all told me after that they all had boyfriends. I thougt women were just cheap and easy sluts because I seemed to pull girls who had boyfriends all the time - even the ones that seemed nice. However I came to realise that not all girls are cheap and slutty. My post is explaining that like so, all guys are not after sex and will use you.
    See:cool: , here which sexy, classy, self respectful, loving girl would sleep with another guy, if they have a bf? Sluts.... have you had enough of them now? Is this your way of asking the good girls to let you in?

and please answer all my questions

ReputationRep:
    I read it all.

I want a lollipop.

Or a you.

ReputationRep:
    Nice piece...

Oh and why did you sleep with three girls in a row? if it wasnt just for sex?
    maybe you should take time in finding out about them first, before heading straight for sex, only to find out they have a bf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    Disappointing.
    Like your shoes
    Like your nicknames for me
    Like how you turned out to be gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasharox)
    Just as you don't want girls to make assumptions, you shouldn't tar all girls with the same brush. Some of us aren't up ourselves, and love nice guys, promise!

But I guess it's easy as a girl to act in the way you described when approached by guys, because, a lot of the time, when a guy approaches a girl he'll say something pervy / sleazy / plain awful. But yeah, some girls should make a little effort to be nicer.

Sorry, I'm rambling, but nice guys are the best! If a girl is just into arses, then she's not worth your effort I guess.
    Oooh naughty Natasha. :spank: Raaaa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :eek:
    Are you for real? You make a thread with that title... admit that you're not one of those shy/good guys (i love them guys), and then tell us that you see more than one girl at time, after telling us that guys like you arent in it (what ever in it means:p: ) for sex:confused:
    After writing the bold bit about yourself, why do you think girls are stuck up? (you answered that), but why are you blaming them?
    Its infact guys like you, the reason why girls are stuck up, you see more than one girl at a time??:confused: Maybe this is the reason why a girl would reject you.... apart from the slutty girls who are desperate for a quick shag, (just like you are).....

I think you'va had enough of slutty girls, and want a better girl who wants a proper relationship,... and thats hard for you right now, becasue of the image you portray.

See:cool: , here which sexy, classy, self respectful, loving girl would sleep with another guy, if they have a bf? Sluts.... have you had enough of them now? Is this your way of asking the good girls to let you in?

and please answer all my questions
    Just because I'm seeing girls doesn't mean I'm in it for sex. I've been seeing a girl for five months now and already now do I actually want sex with her. I like cuddling up to girls in bed and having a laugh with them. Obviously I still like sex but it's not my major motivation.

The other night me and a girl were lying on my bed spooning whilst a Beatles album was playing in the background, it was so amazing and I didn't even think of having sex with her. I have since but I didn't get to know her to hve sex with her, I like girls for more than just that. Can you understand that? As long as I am honest with them all I see no problem. Some of the girls I was seeingwere seeing other guys too and I had no problem with that.

here which sexy, classy, self respectful, loving girl would sleep with another guy, if they have a bf? Sluts
    Some of them appeared to be just that, and a slut. You should try not to judge people straight away, which is what this thread is about.

I think I answered them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh and why did you sleep with three girls in a row? if it wasnt just for sex?
    maybe you should take time in finding out about them first, before heading straight for sex, only to find out they have a bf
    A few were one night stands (I'm not against them but they're not for me) and a few led me on without tellingme that they had bfs.

Just because I'm seeing girls doesn't mean I'm in it for sex. I've been seeing a girl for five months now and already now do I actually want sex with her. I like cuddling up to girls in bed and having a laugh with them. Obviously I still like sex but it's not my major motivation.
    The other night me and a girl were lying on my bed spooning whilst a Beatles album was playing in the background, it was so amazing and I didn't even think of having sex with her

Okay...:confused: so why are you complaining?
    whats wrong with some girls being up them selves? they might have had a bad past, and when you do have a bad past it takes time to get back.

I have since but I didn't get to know her to hve sex with her, I like girls for more than just that. Can you understand that?
    yes, i can understand that, you like doing things every couple in a relationship like doing,... but you dont want to be in a relationship... and only you know why:confused:
    And im not saying that all boys just want sex, but majority of them probably do.

As long as I am honest with them all I see no problem. Some of the girls I was seeingwere seeing other guys too and I had no problem with that.
    You see no problem? this is the problem. The 'some girls who are up them selves', are they the same as the 'some girls who actually want a relationship with only one guy?
    because tbh if i knew that a guy was sleeping around with other girls (who have bf's) was hitting on me,... then yeah id tell him to go the other way.

My main issue is that, i dont think (obviously this is all your opinion) that a guy like you ( the way you've described yourself) should get any credit for thinking like this about girls.
    If you were a shy/good guy then it would be okay, becasue if you are getting the girls, or your doing things with them that you like (not sexual) then why are you complaining?

Some of them appeared to be just that, and a slut.

Yeah and there are some that are just that and not a slut.

You should try not to judge people straight away, which is what this thread is about.
    i know... so shouldnt you. But then its natural to judge people, i do judge people straight away, but i also have on my mind that i dont know everything about this person. Maybe its right to judge people, as long as you're aware that your first judgement wont stay the same,... it changes with time.

I think I answered them all.
    I think you did too, thanks

and sorry for being a pain... i usally dont write much, but i think im just bored.

ReputationRep:
    A few were one night stands (I'm not against them but they're not for me) and a few led me on without tellingme that they had bfs.
    Why do you do it then?

Tbh, if a guy was with more than one girl at a time, even if he was honest about it with them, I'd be likely to make negative judgements of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit2010)
    Why do you do it then?

Tbh, if a guy was with more than one girl at a time, even if he was honest about it with them, I'd be likely to make negative judgements of him.
    You have to try them before you know you like them. I was drunk so it just sort of happened.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.