A few years ago, I remember reading a (not so) short story on the internet. Exciting stuff, huh?
I am now trying to find it again, but having no luck, and was hoping someone may know of it.
It wasn't a piece of fan fiction hidden away on some site, it was relatively big (by online short story standards) and could be purchased in book form, etc.
I don't remember a lot from it, but hopefully these points will jog a memory, even if they don't help much on Google:
0. The story starts at an outdoor music festival thing. Maybe the guy trying to find/catch/walk his dog.
1. The main characters are two guys who run a company investigating supernatural reports (perform exorcisms and such)
2. There was a character called Jennifer Lopez, but not that Jennifer Lopez. This is a recurring joke.
3. Most of it is told in the past tense, with one of the characters telling the story to a journalist.
4. At the end, it is revealed that there was another main character who got erased from the universe. There are a number of plot holes throughout the story, which are explained by this guy's existence, even though no-one remembers him.
Hmm... That looks a lot less useful written down! I remember snippets of other things (a conference they have to travel to to stop something or other, a little black tablet burrowing its way out of someone's mouth)
I think it's very much a case of you saw it or you didn't. Fingers crossed someone did.
Thanks in advance!
x Turn on thread page Beta
Trying to find a short story... watch
- Thread Starter
- 14-01-2010 03:07