Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Trying to find a short story... watch

A few years ago, I remember reading a (not so) short story on the internet. Exciting stuff, huh?

I am now trying to find it again, but having no luck, and was hoping someone may know of it.

It wasn't a piece of fan fiction hidden away on some site, it was relatively big (by online short story standards) and could be purchased in book form, etc.

I don't remember a lot from it, but hopefully these points will jog a memory, even if they don't help much on Google:

0. The story starts at an outdoor music festival thing. Maybe the guy trying to find/catch/walk his dog.

1. The main characters are two guys who run a company investigating supernatural reports (perform exorcisms and such)

2. There was a character called Jennifer Lopez, but not that Jennifer Lopez. This is a recurring joke.

3. Most of it is told in the past tense, with one of the characters telling the story to a journalist.

4. At the end, it is revealed that there was another main character who got erased from the universe. There are a number of plot holes throughout the story, which are explained by this guy's existence, even though no-one remembers him.

Hmm... That looks a lot less useful written down! I remember snippets of other things (a conference they have to travel to to stop something or other, a little black tablet burrowing its way out of someone's mouth)

I think it's very much a case of you saw it or you didn't. Fingers crossed someone did.

Thanks in advance!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.