Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Please do not post on this thread unless you have an IQ of 150+ and at least 7 A*s at GCSE, 4 As at A level (40+ in IB)

I am looking for people of a comparable intellect to my own, especially people commencing study at Oxford in 2010. I would like to discuss our ambitions and aims for the future and whether you are excited, apprehensive or a bit of both about starting university. I want to make some new friends before going to university. I struggle to get along with those less talented than myself, I usually find 'ordinary' people to be quite tiresome and simple. This is nothing personal, please do not be offended, I simply wish to meet people similar to myself.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    wiked, so wel get along fine innit =D

well, after i finish studyin 4 mah nail teknishan qwalification am gonna giv manicure 2 all the stars an get me a fotballler boyfrend =D

an if that falls thru, imma be a stripper and make money off mah booty.

u sound kool tho, wit the whole "I'm a narrow-minded, arrogant, painfully obnoxious waste of space" fing. Wanna PM me? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    Wanna PM me? :sexface:
    I fink ill pass

ReputationRep:
    You'd be safer in the Oxford Uni forums. You're going to get slated here...

Not by me, mind, but just warning you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    I fink ill pass
    Aah well :cry2:

I guess I'll just have to settle for a pleasant person to converse with. Oh the pain :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

I guess I'll just have to settle for a pleasant person to converse with. Oh the pain :rolleyes:
    By pleasant, I assume you mean more humble? I quite clearly stated I did not mean to offend anybody. I just want to meet people I have things in common with, ok?

ReputationRep:
    I've got a really bad feeling about where this thread is going to go, haha!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I fail. A mere 6A*s. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisianaPuuurchase)
    I've got a really bad feeling about where this thread is going to go, haha!
    Why is everyone being aggressive. I do not mean to cause offence. I only seek to meet people I have something in common with. Where is it going to go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sequin)
    The IQ requirement was my favourite can you imagine putting stuff like that on a dating website?

Hello,

Please do not post on this thread unless you have an IQ of 150+ and at least 7 A*s at GCSE, 4 As at A level (40+ in IB)

I am looking for people of a comparable intellect to my own, especially people commencing study at Oxford in 2010. I would like to discuss our ambitions and aims for the future and whether you are excited, apprehensive or a bit of both about starting university. I want to make some new friends before going to university. I struggle to get along with those less talented than myself, I usually find 'ordinary' people to be quite tiresome and simple. This is nothing personal, please do not be offended, I simply wish to meet people similar to myself.

Thanks,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

EDIT: imagine that 'woo' coming from Bender and with a sarcastic tone.

ReputationRep:
    I like turtles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sequin)
    You are close enough. Why did you pick Durham?

ReputationRep:
    This is just rude, as I'm sure you're well aware. Or perhaps your MASSIVE INTELLECT has prevented you from developing social skills. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

iz ok dawg...i iz gona keep u compny insted of dis nerd innit blud.

i lyk ur career paf too...strippers fo da win

ReputationRep:
    I fail. I have no GCSEs. Gutted.

ReputationRep:
    7 A * and 4 A and a good IQ = gifted? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone being aggressive. I do not mean to cause offence. I only seek to meet people I have something in common with. Where is it going to go?
    Well depending on how long you've been floating around The Student Room, you may have an idea of the level of hatred that radiates around here! Hey, it's human nature. The thing is, the fact that you said you weren't intending to offend anyone will go entirely innoticed, because the main body of your post is far too irresistable for the average TSR user and you're going to attract a lot of negative attention. The requirements you set at the beginning of your post are so annoyingly specific that I don't think you'll find anyone who meets your criteria on here (and TSR has a LOT of boffins), and anyone who does meet it probably thinks you're an attention seeking moron.

I'm not going to be aggressive or say anything further on the matter because everyone else can do that for me probably more concisely and more articulately! Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salome2)
    This is just rude, as I'm sure you'll well aware. Or perhaps your MASSIVE INTELLECT has prevented you from developing social skills. :dontknow:
    Oh my, this isn't going according to plan. You have an offer from Oxford, may we not converse? I must concede, my social skills are not the best. Maybe you can teach me some social skills.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you have an insurance choice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.