Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisianaPuuurchase)
    Well depending on how long you've been floating around The Student Room, you may have an idea of the level of hatred that radiates around here! Hey, it's human nature. The thing is, the fact that you said you weren't intending to offend anyone will go entirely innoticed, because the main body of your post is far too irresistable for the average TSR user and you're going to attract a lot of negative attention. The requirements you set at the beginning of your post are so annoyingly specific that I don't think you'll find anyone who meets your criteria on here (and TSR has a LOT of boffins), and anyone who does meet it probably thinks you're an attention seeking moron.

I'm not going to be aggressive or say anything further on the matter because everyone else can do that for me probably more concisely and more articulately! Enjoy!
    Oh dear, I have only just joined. Is there anyway to delete a post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    By pleasant, I assume you mean more humble? I quite clearly stated I did not mean to offend anybody. I just want to meet people I have things in common with, ok?
    No no, by pleasant I simply meant someone with pleasing qualities. If I meant more humble, I would have said so. In my opinion, someone who bases whether or not they will attempt a conversation with another based on their grades is highly superficial and narrow minded, both unpleasant qualities. If the only things that define you as a person are your grades, then you are obviously rather lacking personality-wise, which is a real shame.

Good night

Oh my, this isn't going according to plan. You have an offer from Oxford, may we not converse? I must concede, my social skills are not the best. Maybe you can teach me some social skills.
    jesus.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, 5A stars only!

But I know my IQ is a damnsight better than you, I was actually labelled gifted and talented by the government, not you!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, this isn't going according to plan. You have an offer from Oxford, may we not converse? I must concede, my social skills are not the best. Maybe you can teach me some social skills.
    :hmmm: You want me to teach you social skills? Of course, I would have been perfectly happy to engage in scintillating and witty discourse with you, had you not put forth arbitrary prerequisites for 'admission' to this thread in your original post. If you feel you have particular interests that you want to discuss, post about those specifically, not a completely random thread about 'gifted' individuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Why don't you have an insurance choice?
    Because I am on a gap year and already have my grades. My offer is unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Because I am on a gap year and already have my grades. My offer is unconditional.
    Congrats, in that case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzab)

But I know my IQ is a damnsight better than you, I was actually labelled gifted and talented by the government, not you!
    I doubt that my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    iz ok dawg...i iz gona keep u compny insted of dis nerd innit blud.

i lyk ur career paf too...strippers fo da win
    sik blud! 'llow dis neek =P
    gd luck tho 4 woteva u decide to do with ur career, whetha it be shottin, jammin, or da more prastigious game of P.I.M.P.in :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Congrats, in that case
    thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    wiked, so wel get along fine innit =D

well, after i finish studyin 4 mah nail teknishan qwalification am gonna giv manicure 2 all the stars an get me a fotballler boyfrend =D

an if that falls thru, imma be a stripper and make money off mah booty.

u sound kool tho, wit the whole "I'm a narrow-minded, arrogant, painfully obnoxious waste of space" fing. Wanna PM me? :sexface:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I have only just joined. Is there anyway to delete a post?
    You might have to ask a moderator. But honestly, I imagine you're an amiable sort that's just come across in the wrong way - maybe go and have a look in the Oxford forums and start off your search for 'your kind of people' there. But in truth, I think if you stayed around here long enough and got to know some of the members around, you'd realise that there are plenty of intelligent people you would get on with that don't meet your standards because they were busy having a social life as well as doing well in their academic life. It's not impressive to be perfect, you know...life experience and character count for sooooo much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salome2)
    :hmmm: You want me to teach you social skills? Of course, I would have been perfectly happy to engage in scintillating and witty discourse with you, had you not put forth arbitrary prerequisites for 'admission' to this thread in your original post. If you feel you have particular interests that you want to discuss, post about those specifically, not a completely random thread about 'gifted' individuals.
    Far from being arbitrary, they were designed to filter through lesser able individuals, so that I could engage in meaningful conversation. Regardless, you meet the prerequisites, do you not? So why are you offended?

Far from being arbitrary, they were designed to filter through lesser able individuals, so that I could engage in meaningful conversation. Regardless, you meet the prerequisites, do you not? So why are you offended?
    JESUS. i.q. really isn't everything is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    I think he is not serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    Of course it isn't, but I wish to speak to intelligent people. Is that really so bad?

ReputationRep:
    And has it worked? Oh yes, I can see that the responses on this thread have really been 'filtered' by your requirements. They only served to enrage people like myself, who realise that making a thread in search of gifted individuals, setting arbitrary prerequisites for participation in said thread, and then implying that anyone below those levels are incapable of meaningful conversation is just rude. That is why I'm offended.

Listen, I'm sure you're a perfectly nice individual. Perhaps a bit lacking in tact, but not mean-spirited. Why don't you go to the Oxford forum and participate on the chat thread there? That way, you're sure to find someone that has something in common with you in addition to high grades.

ReputationRep:
    :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    sik blud! 'llow dis neek =P
    gd luck tho 4 woteva u decide to do with ur career, whetha it be shottin, jammin, or da more prastigious game of P.I.M.P.in :p:
    doodet do u not noe haw to spel or somfink? i iz gooona b a buzines maan innit yo! im gooona hav ma biches getin me lodza monis n dat. i restecp u tho u get me...u r one smarty doodet...u gooona be rel sucsesful (sp?) :p:

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is well over 150, however being Scottish and having only Scottish qualifications rules me out straight away. Shame that you sound like such a nice bloke!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.