Turn on thread page Beta

If money wasn't an issue, what'd be your career? watch

ReputationRep:
    If money was not a thing to worry about: let's say you'd get paid the same no matter what or something else of the like,
    What would you study in University
    Or what would your career be?

(assuming you would have a career)

ReputationRep:
    It should be whatever you end up doing, money is nice, but not a reason to go into a career you wont enjoy.

Before I get bashed buy LSE students and the like; Ive done hard work and had money, Ive also done jobs I enjoy much much more and had less money.

ReputationRep:
    Ive enjoyed two things in life: acting and computer programming

I enjoy the arts a little bit more but it's obvious which one I've chosen I do believe.

See?

ReputationRep:
    I'd still want to be a doctor, but I'd also pursue a musical career (as a pianist/conductor). On top of that I'd love to take some time out to study several subjects - predominantly (theoretical) physics and philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Inspector Gadget. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I would still go into investment banking.

ReputationRep:
    Barrister

ReputationRep:
    doctor yo

ReputationRep:
    I'd do what I hope to do.... Marine conservationism or go into Marine research

ReputationRep:
    doctor who

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birdsong1)
    doctor who

You're a girl...you can't be Dr Who.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    I would still go into investment banking.
    are you missing a soul or just a brain?

ReputationRep:
    SCIENCE

Study sciences at uni.. physics or biology related... Maybe both seeing as the fees and living costs wouldn't be an issue. Go into research about something cool. Expand the body of knowledge in my field(s). Then teach and do more research. Go into space. Die content. Have my remains put into a rocket and blasted out of the solar system.

Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a writer living in the countryside in a cottage. It'd be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Selling sweets to young girls.

ReputationRep:
    Business time it shall be :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of the Standard of Taste)
    Selling sweets to young girls.
    NOE YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

You don't sell them, you lure little kids into your car with the sweets, put them in a bag (the kids) then take them to a place of your choosing and have your way with them. This way you get to keep the sweets as a treat for all your hard work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    NOE YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

You don't sell them, you lure little kids into your car with the sweets, put them in a bag (the kids) then take them to a place of your choosing and have your way with them. This way you get to keep the sweets as a treat for all your hard work.
    By sweets I meant ecstasy.

Then I take them into the back where I have my tools.

No bags etc...

Nice concept though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby_Zz)
    are you missing a soul or just a brain?
    I take that you thought I was being serious then.

I was hoping the second poster would pick on my response, but you won instead, well done.

ReputationRep:
    A writer, would love to be an author and write short stories for a living, but I'm working towards teaching art for now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.