Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone applying for HKU or HKUST?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy786)
    hey guys
    Just got an email saying that i have been offered admission to hkust for my first choice chemical engineering (fall 2010)
    i need to deposit 10000hkd before 19 feb to confirm my place..
    I might deposit the money anyway but still not sure about going there
    haven't been offered any kind of aid..a bit disappointed with that
    any advice would be greatly appreciated..
    congrats for being offered a place
    I oready paid the deposit anyway, even im not sure if im going, im gonna pay a visit to hkust on february 12th, i may b able provide u more informations after that, if tat cud help=)
    and wat was the condition btw? or is it unconditional since u have oready taken A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonyhan)
    congrats for being offered a place
    I oready paid the deposit anyway, even im not sure if im going, im gonna pay a visit to hkust on february 12th, i may b able provide u more informations after that, if tat cud help=)
    and wat was the condition btw? or is it unconditional since u have oready taken A2
    Thanks mate..
    yeah..No conditions mentioned except for paying the fee before the 19th..
    I have many questions to ask you since you are going to UST..
    are you on facebook or windows live??
    talking on TSR is a pain!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy786)
    Thanks mate..
    yeah..No conditions mentioned except for paying the fee before the 19th..
    I have many questions to ask you since you are going to UST..
    are you on facebook or windows live??
    talking on TSR is a pain!!!
    true

EDIT: I've edited your email address out of the post, sonyhan. If you want to share this information with other users it's best for you to use the PM function as opposed to posting on the public forum.

ReputationRep:
    i got rejected from dental surgery
    still waiting on engineering and science

ReputationRep:
    my friend got in for accounting and is expected to get at least an A* for the scholarship. :O

ReputationRep:
    i m applying for HKU CUHK AND HKUST,,NO OFFER TIL NOW BYTHEWAY

ReputationRep:
    hi,

i got a firm offer from hku for BA on april 22nd (im on gap year and did the ib diploma).

got rejected by hkust though.

good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i got an email today from hku asking for a phone interview, they said its only 5-10 min, does anyone know whats going to happen? what they are going to ask? its pretty short for an interview, but im really worried. thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reynoldrooney)
    hi,

i got a firm offer from hku for BA on april 22nd (im on gap year and did the ib diploma).

got rejected by hkust though.

good luck everyone!
    What were your IB grades? as i am currently doing IB and im thinking about applying there next year, curious about the chances. Thanks.

Im around 34/35 (predicted not released yet) and do both econ and business higher
    plus i had an internship at HSBC which i know is well respected within Hong Kong.

I'm from New Zealand btw

MANY THANKS if you could get back!!

ReputationRep:
    What are my chances of getting full scholarship into HKU?
    IGCSE results:
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A*
    Mathematics B: A*
    Human Biology: A*
    English Language B: A
    Chinese: A

GCE( A-level) Results:
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A
    Physics: A
    Maths: A

and i know how to speak basic Turkish.

ReputationRep:
    Interview from HKUST for Global Business!

TBH I thought I wouldn't have to do an interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I see that this post is quite old from 2010 but still would appreciate your advice. I am currently sitting for my final IB exams and just got an email of rejection from HKUST yesterday. I still have 3 unis left on my list in HK but still, haven't heard anything from them. I am planning to take a gap year and then reapply maybe after re sits and better results, as my current PG is 33. Will that help me get higher chances of offers? I am not really confident for from other unis as well now really....

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I see that this post is quite old from 2010 but still would appreciate some advice. I am currently sitting for my final IB exams and just got an email of rejection from HKUST yesterday. I still have 3 unis left on my list in HK but still, haven't heard anything from them. I am planning to take a gap year and then reapply maybe after re sits and better results, as my current PG is 33. Will that help me get higher chances of offers? I am not really confident for from other unis as well now really....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.