Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi there,

i submitted my ucas application by midth of december and today i already received a rejection for psychology at the uni of sheffield.

i am a bit worried because i read that it usually takes to february or march for offers.. could it be a bad sign? i am from germany so i hope i haven't done any bad formal mistakes or the like...

feel so worried right now *aargh*

cheers matthew

ReputationRep:
    You can ask them for the reason as to why they rejected you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzdn)
    hi there,

i submitted my ucas application by midth of december and today i already received a rejection for psychology at the uni of sheffield.

i am a bit worried because i read that it usually takes to february or march for offers.. could it be a bad sign? i am from germany so i hope i haven't done any bad formal mistakes or the like...

feel so worried right now *aargh*

cheers matthew
    I wouldn't worry too much yet. I many unis make decisions early once the applications come in. I sent my application off in October and I got a rejection back from Loughborough because I didn't meet their GCSE requirements... even though they originally told me that these were not taken into account for mature students!! Anyway, i'm sure you will get offers from some of the others.

Like the other poster said, your official letter might give you more information if you check or you can ask the uni why it was.

Good luck on your others tho and don't worry yet... it early days!

ReputationRep:
    I completed all my ucas and everything as soon as I could and I got all my offers within a few weeks bar one which took so long i withdrew my app from them haha (I didn't really want to go there anyway as it had lowest entry requirements), it all happened pretty quickly for me. It's not a bad sign at all, some universities are more on the ball than others. My friends uni's all took a couple of months to get back to her.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You have to remember that different universities look for different things and applicants. So just because you're not what this one university wants doesn't mean the other universities won't give you an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield in particular got back to everyone really quickly, and i think continues to do so. Psychology is a competetive subject so I wouldn't worry to much, where else have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Different universities reply to applicants at different times. Some people hear back only a few weeks after they send their application, yet some people wait for months until after the January deadline. Just be patient and don't think just because you've had one rejection that you'll get any more.

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from my top choice 3 days after I sent in my UCAS, lol

Then I got an offer at a better Uni. Months later though :X

I spent a few months thinking I was horrible and not ever going to Uni, haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.