Turn on thread page Beta

[new spec] Edexcel Physics January 2010 Question Paper! watch

ReputationRep:
    Look what I found.

- It's best if you don't give these out yourself (over the internet especially).
    - Do not PM me about anything to do with these.
    - Be sensible with them. Running to your teachers with these could alert the wrong people. We wouldn't want that know, would we?

Discalimer: These papers above have not been illegally taken. They have been 'found' on the internet. The papers have nothing to do with the poster (Doughboy) and if they are infringing upon copyrights, they will be removed.

ReputationRep:
    thx

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Look what I found.

- It's best if you don't give these out yourself (over the internet especially).
    - Be sensible with them. Running to your teachers with these could alert the wrong people. We wouldn't want that know, would we?

Papers

Discalimer: These papers above have not been illegally taken. They have been 'found' on the internet. The papers have nothing to do with the poster (Doughboy) and if they are infringing upon copyrights, they will be removed.
    can you make a mark scheme as you did for the bio paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Look what I found.

Papers

thank you..........a mark scheme would be as helpful

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much.

If anybody would be kind enough to put a mark scheme or even just the answers then I would be grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gawge)
    Thank you very much.

If anybody would be kind enough to put a mark scheme or even just the answers then I would be grateful.
    Can you please post the paper.I can't find it.

ReputationRep:
    Just click the word "Papers".

I thought that it had been removed at first, expecting it to be in the white box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gawge)
    Just click the word "Papers".

I thought that it had been removed at first, expecting it to be in the white box.
    Thanks a million.Do you have any idea if the chemistry paper is posted too?And you can ask me any question from the physics paper you did

ReputationRep:
    Question 18 d).

The projectiles ruler/coin question. What did you get for the Magnitude and Angle?

I can't remember the magnitude but I seem to remember I got an angle around 60 degrees. If I had to guess it would be something like 64.97 degrees or something but it could be anywhere around 60.

ReputationRep:
    I got about 40 degrees for that by taking arctan of the vertical and horizontal velocity. Then again my number might possibly have been off..

I got 6.something for the magnitude, just did pythagoras on the horizontal and vertical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gawge)
    Question 18 d).

The projectiles ruler/coin question. What did you get for the Magnitude and Angle?

I can't remember the magnitude but I seem to remember I got an angle around 60 degrees. If I had to guess it would be something like 64.97 degrees or something but it could be anywhere around 60.
    I guess the angle you get is 58.1 degree and magnitude is 4.95???

ReputationRep:
    It might have been something like that. Is it right?

ReputationRep:
    I got 56 degress and a resultant velocity of 6.129

ReputationRep:
    what do people think the grade boundaries will be like for this exam? it was 54/80 jan 2009 and 59/80 june 2009.

ReputationRep:
    This is what i did for the projectile motion question:

Part (c) first

to calculate that the coin A reaches the ground with a speed of 4m/s

v² = u² + 2as
    v² = 0 + (2 x 9.81 x 0.85)
    v = 4.08

part (d)

Vertical velocity = 4.08 m/s

Horizontal velocity = ?
    Range = 1.1 m

since there is no horizontal acceleration,

s = ut
    1.1 = 0.42u
    u = 2.62 m/s

draw your triangle...
    velocity² = 2.62² + 4.08²
    v = 4.84

the angle to the horizontal => tan x = (4.08/2.62)

x = 57.3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killfestab)
    This is what i did for the projectile motion question:

Part (c) first

to calculate that the coin A reaches the ground with a speed of 4m/s

v² = u² + 2as
    v² = 0 + (2 x 9.81 x 0.85)
    v = 4.08

part (d)

Vertical velocity = 4.08 m/s

Horizontal velocity = ?
    Range = 1.1 m

since there is no horizontal acceleration,

s = ut
    1.1 = 0.42u
    u = 2.62 m/s

draw your triangle...
    velocity² = 2.62² + 4.08²
    v = 4.84

the angle to the horizontal => tan x = (4.08/2.62)

x = 57.3

I did the exact same thing! Im quite sure that it is correct :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avi_isgr8)
    what do people think the grade boundaries will be like for this exam? it was 54/80 jan 2009 and 59/80 june 2009.
    This was my first time sitting the paper so I don't know if it was relatively hard/easy..
    were the papers in the past easier/harder than this one? Those grade boundaries look really low o__o
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This exam is piss easy, then again iv finished A Level physics so it should be.

ReputationRep:
    the january and june 2009 papes last year were super easy compared to this one in my opinion but some people say that this is easier. I hope the grade boundaries stay low

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.