Turn on thread page Beta

makeup for a 13 year old?? watch

ReputationRep:
    its my boyfriends little sisters birthday next week, she'll be 13. she's just asked for makeup, perfume etc so i was gonna get her a few little bits of makeup n make a little gift set for her as a surprise but i havent got a clue what type of stuff to get. i wear fake tan, bronzer and stuff myself which is too dark for her so im clueless atm. any tips on what brands/products are best suitable for younger skin?

ReputationRep:
    just some pretty lipgloss and eyeshadows, probably. I didn't start wearing makeup until 15, and that was all I wore then.

ReputationRep:
    Try an elf makeup set:
    http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~109.htm
    http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~165.htm

ReputationRep:
    Yeah nice little set of glittery eyeshadow, little pots of lipgloss. Mascara and eyeliner are a bad way to go for a 13yr old. I'm 17 and I still haven't quite got the hang of them xD

You could get her a little pot of creamy tinted moisturiser as well I suppose. So she wouldn't end up orange, but would still be able to wear a foundation type thing if she wanted to. Not that I agree with it, but if she's got her heart set on foundation this might be a good compromise.

Also nail varnish!! You can never go wrong with 13 yr old girls and nail varnish!

Good brands for teenagers are no7, urban decay and um the best and cheapest is something called Sportygirl or something...it has a sporty in it! Also Botanics and Natural Collection, as they're easier on the skin.

I'm not sure if boots still do it or it might have been an xmas offer, but if you spend £20 on max factor beauty products, you get a free gift bag (a fanciful one) with loads of max factor products - eyeliner, mascara, nail varnish etc

ReputationRep:
    i would get a big gift bag and get clear mascara, lip balms, nude/ clear lipgloss, one set of skin tone eyeshadows, a few nailpolishes and a barry m dazzle dust in a glitter colour, then just try to stick to skin care, like body butter, shower gel, maybe some body spays like so? just stuff that you would give your daughter at 13 (:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, just remembered that the Body Shop has plenty on sale:

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb...tCode=C_Makeup

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb...prdcode=34559m

ReputationRep:
    My 14-year-old sister's very into coloured eye shadows at the moment. I'd get her some lipgloss, funky eye shadows and some nail varnish. Barry M stuff is good value for all things bright and colourful .

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would check with her parents first, maybe she has asked for make-up but her parents may not be too keen on her wearing it.

13 year old skin does NOT need immense amounts of foundation unless they are a person that suffers from acne and even so it would probably clog the pores more than anything. Stick to neutral/basic colours (if you are going to buy eye shadow), glitter, nail varnish, simple gloss and basics as others have mentioned. Maybe toiletries like a girls sleepover set as opposed to full on make-up.

Regardless of what she says and asks for she is still turning 13, so still a girl more than anything. Think back to what you were using at 13 or not using...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    My 14-year-old sister's very into coloured eye shadows at the moment. I'd get her some lipgloss, funky eye shadows and some nail varnish. Barry M stuff is good value for all things bright and colourful .
    Exactly this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjayjay)
    Personally I would check with her parents first, maybe she has asked for make-up but her parents may not be too keen on her wearing it.

13 year old skin does NOT need immense amounts of foundation unless they are a person that suffers from acne and even so it would probably clog the pores more than anything. Stick to neutral/basic colours (if you are going to buy eye shadow), glitter, nail varnish, simple gloss and basics as others have mentioned. Maybe toiletries like a girls sleepover set as opposed to full on make-up.

Regardless of what she says and asks for she is still turning 13, so still a girl more than anything. Think back to what you were using at 13 or not using...
    I take your point, but I don't think there's much harm in girls of that age playing around with funky colours and a bit of lip gloss. To me, there's a difference between this and the type of look that involves inches of foundation, heavy eye liner and chunky mascara.

ReputationRep:
    Something pink and glittery? I don't think at that age she'd really appreciate the brand

ReputationRep:
    Brightly coloured nail varnish. Maybe some nice eyeshadows or something. I didn't wear makeup at 13, though most people in my year did, so I don't really know. Perhaps get her some nice bath stuff as well, you're never too young or too old for that

ReputationRep:
    she's 13. she's probably got the best skin she's ever going to have. buy her some socks instead...

ReputationRep:
    I would go for some Barry M.
    Really nice make up.

You could get her some lipgloss, mascara and their light blusher.
    The you give her some sparkle, they have amazing eye shadows and nail varnishes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say check with her parents first, too, to see what they suggest/allow (and then you can make the final decision when buying..) :P

I'd say don't bother with foundation, powder, liner or concealer or anything, it'll just make her skin bad and you don't want her to get into the habit of wearing it every day already!
    Go for 'fun' stuff like bright eyeshadows she could wear to parties or like school discos and stuff lol =) (Urban Decay, Barry M, Miss Sporty etc.)
    But if you don't wanna spend a bomb Claire's do some pretty little sets too.
    Or nail polish would be good! Miss Sporty has some cute colours of these as well.

Neutral tones will probably be a bit boring and 'everyday'-ish for her to appreciate I think.

You could get her a fruity body-spray or something instead of a perfume (Like Natural Collections).
    http://www.boots.com/en/Natural-Coll...y-Spray_46468/

It's sweet that you're putting thought into her gift X)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Notker)
    Get her the 'Stupid Spoiled Whore Play-Set' because that's what a 13-year-old wearing make-up looks like.
    I wore make up to school discos when I was 13! Well, I stole my mum's.

I'd get her nail polish, a nice make up bag, and some body sprays.
    No need to go excessive - £10 max.

ReputationRep:
    Get like a little gift basket from like, the Body Shop or Boots or Superdrug or something (:

ReputationRep:
    1. That's enough spam and insults.
    2. If you'd like to discuss a moderation issue, then please take it to AAM.

If this thread continues to decline into nothing more than spam and exchanges of insults, then it will be locked.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could consider the Bobbi Brown Teenage Beauty book, I had it when I was younger and it was really good. Amazon sell it for a reasonable price.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.