Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Nuh, I live in Bradford, just put Leeds out of habit because nobody ever seems to know where Bradford is on here :p:

You must have been in the year above me.
    LOL.yeah, I often find myself saying "u dont no where bradford is? its near leeds...." and then they're like "o rite thats cool" lol

I left there about 3yrs ago...in 2007...at bradford uni now.
    When did u leave there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamichi)
    LOL.yeah, I often find myself saying "u dont no where bradford is? its near leeds...." and then they're like "o rite thats cool" lol

I left there about 3yrs ago...in 2007...at bradford uni now.
    When did u leave there?
    2007, I didn't stay on for my A-levels though, foolishly went to Bradford College :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    2007, I didn't stay on for my A-levels though, foolishly went to Bradford College :rolleyes:
    ah rite.
    Why foolishly? Bradford college isnt that bad.
    U still there now? or at uni?

ReputationRep:
    ah rite.
    Why foolishly? Bradford college isnt that bad.
    U still there now? or at uni?
    I just think I'd have done so much better if I'd stayed on at Dixons because it was a lot more strict and I wouldn't have been able to mess around for my first year and get away with it :rolleyes: I'd be at uni by now.

I'm still at college, off to uni in September.

ReputationRep:
    Walk from St James' to LGI is quite far, although you can get the 42 (closest one to LGI), 16 or 4 bus into town from there. But the same problem is those bus routes are quite busy from 8.20 onwards (theyre the buses I usually get into town). And then if you get off of the 42 at the top of the Headrow/Town hall then it's probably 10 minute walk or so. If you get the 16 or 4 it's probably about... a 15/20 min walk through town.

I agree that bus is better, unless you can find someone to share with to make the drive faster or find somewhere nearer to park to save getting the time it takes getting to the LGI.

As someone previously suggested, set off one morning as you would be doing and see how long it takes you.

x

ReputationRep:
    I just think I'd have done so much better if I'd stayed on at Dixons because it was a lot more strict and I wouldn't have been able to mess around for my first year and get away with it :rolleyes: I'd be at uni by now.

I'm still at college, off to uni in September.

At a-level the whole thing changes. They really dont care. At AS level, I got an E in chemisty, and they actually told me it was fine, I had to put in so much hard work and stay back all the time just to get a B...no thanks to my teachers - at all...so I think u've done ok 4 urself. Its much better at GCSE.
    What u wanting 2 study at uni?
    Staying in Bradford?

ReputationRep:
    I used to go to Dixons too

lol. me too.

Though u live in leeds??
    what are the odds! i was in the same year as sakura-chan but i stayed on for 6th form. i actually do recognise you ha ha but you probs wont remember me as i was in Y.

6th form at dixons was really funny because the teachers actually did not care, i had to practically self teach for biology and psychology :rolleyes: so you didnt miss out on anything sakura-chan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PicsOrGTFO)
    what are the odds! i was in the same year as sakura-chan but i stayed on for 6th form. i actually do recognise you ha ha but you probs wont remember me as i was in Y.

6th form at dixons was really funny because the teachers actually did not care, i had to practically self teach for biology and psychology :rolleyes: so you didnt miss out on anything sakura-chan.
    I'm really shocked that both of you said that tbh! :eek3: I would have expected it to be like it was at GCSE.

I'm sure I would remember/recognise you too, who are you? I'm intrigued!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really shocked that both of you said that tbh! :eek3: I would have expected it to be like it was at GCSE.

I'm sure I would remember/recognise you too, who are you? I'm intrigued!
    I sat with Louise A in psychology, just ask her how ridiculous our lessons were. She actually sex growled at the teacher once ha ha gotta love that girl.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.