Quick Q Regarding Tuition Fees Watch

pixiepeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Still waiting on an offer, so this is mostly hypothetical, but I'd like to know if it were possible:-

Can you pay your tuition fee in instalments? I know now, that for my first year I can only get the maintenance loan, albeit, all of it, which would cover my tuition fees if I can pay them in instalments. I'm planning on working through my degree (keeping my current job but on different hours), so other money isn't really an issue, but there's no way I'm going to be able to pay off the fees in one fell swoop.

Anyone know? Does it depend on the university itself?

Cheers
rscully
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The student loans company (or whatever they're called now) will pay your tuition fees for you (this won't affect the amount of maintenance loan you get) and then you pay it back just like your loan. Otherwise, most unis will want you to pay half in Sept/Oct and half in January.
pixiepeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by rscully)
The student loans company (or whatever they're called now) will pay your tuition fees for you (this won't affect the amount of maintenance loan you get) and then you pay it back just like your loan. Otherwise, most unis will want you to pay half in Sept/Oct and half in January.
I'm not entitled to a tuition fee loan for my first year, as I've already had two years of loan for a previous uncompleted course.
hypocriticaljap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Youll need to ask the particular uni in question. Policies vary.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

Yes, definitely (24)
12.12%
I'd like to think so (105)
53.03%
Ha! You must be kidding. (69)
34.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed