Turn on thread page Beta

lack of relationships for age watch

ReputationRep:
    I am 26 nearly 27 and ive barely even touched relationships! I was shy and it didnt bother me for so long i hit 24 started making more effort but no luck really ans i feel so out of it. I havent even experienced sex and am so frustrated bout things. People are always saying how pretty i am and why havent i been snapped up and i wonder the same thing tbh

What have you been doing with your life? Yeah your frustration is understandable, dating sites is the only suggestion I have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightninggem)
    I am 26 nearly 27 and ive barely even touched relationships! I was shy and it didnt bother me for so long i hit 24 started making more effort but no luck really ans i feel so out of it. I havent even experienced sex and am so frustrated bout things. People are always saying how pretty i am and why havent i been snapped up and i wonder the same thing tbh

So you're a hot 27 year old virgin? Errrmm..... Give me your number!

ReputationRep:
    Btw, I assume you're female by the "pretty" remark?

Do you go out much? How many new people do you meet a week?

Have you rejected many guys that have asked you out?

With little to no social life combined with a dislike for parties and alcohol, staying a relationship virgin comes naturally.
    Its what has gotten me to where I am today- 21 years old, never kissed a girl, never gone on a date, not to mention anything more interesting.
    I met up with some good old friends of mine some time ago and the entire time they were ripping on me for this (not in a cruel way but simply being honest) and although I usually don't let myself be peer pressured into things, this is one thing I agree with them on.

ReputationRep:
    well i go out once a week but due ot the weather it hasnt been happening. I am a shy girl so i dont meet many new people tbh

ReputationRep:
    Ive only turned down two guys as they were into drugs and that isnt me

Ive only turned down two guys as they were into drugs and that isnt me
    Whereabouts are you from?

ReputationRep:
    show us a pic

ReputationRep:
    i live in wales and no pic

ReputationRep:

I would say you basically need to have an epiphemy & make it your mission to have a relationship.

Set yourself goals. For example, in one months time I will have spoken to 5 attractive males. In two months time I will have gone on a date. In 3 months time I will have kissed someone, etc.

Stick to these goals rigidly & do all you can to not break them. If it's almost the end of the deadline & it hasn't happened, do all you can to achieve it (even if you don't like the guy (obviously don't sleep with anyone you don't like, but kissing, etc is ok)).

Even if you drop your standards in some instances, doesn't mean you have to stick with that guy, it's just practice really.

You'll have a lot of fun doing this & if you throw yourself into it it will definitely change your life. If you do this, in one years time you will look back & will most likely of had the best year of your life. Only you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    i'd snap you up!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.