Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeling about it, looking for something to read so can someone give some links to forum posts about this exam?

Really hope not to many log questions come up :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... you're not allowed to discuss exams on this forum until a certain time after they've actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Yeah... you're not allowed to discuss exams on this forum until a certain time after they've actually happened.
    Actually, this is fine to discuss. The restriction applies for Edexcel and CIE exams, which are taken around the world, and in any case pre-exam discussion isn't a problem. Full details are in the announcement here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Actually, this is fine to discuss. The restriction applies for Edexcel and CIE exams, which are taken around the world, and in any case pre-exam discussion isn't a problem. Full details are in the announcement here.
    Ah OK, I didn't realise it was just those exam boards. But surely with exams taken around the world, pre-exam discussion for some people would be at the same time as post-exam discussion for others?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam, C2 is the one I'm worse at...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have a set of 4 revision powerpoints that anyone can have if they pm me with an email address (say what you are after).

ReputationRep:
    Hey, don't worry too much about it, most of the important formulae are in the formula book. Learn which ones are in it, it'll really help - most of the series formulae there, so's the trapezium rule, and the cosine rule.

Logs: y=loga(x) - y=power to raise a to to get x - recite

I know it's crazy that everyone says you can always resit, but tbh it's much easier later on, especially when it's all second nature after C3 & C4. (Why doesn't everyone just sit it then anyway?)

Just don't do what I did and forget there are formulae for summing series, that such a thing as a formula even exists, then panic and screw up the rest of the paper.... oh that paper looks so easy now...

Edit: Unless you aren't doing MEI in which case I have no idea... but good luck anyway

Is this OCR or OCR MEI? I'm doing the OCR MEI paper tomorrow. It's a resit I'm actually really confident, I don't know what I should be spending my time doing right now since I'm confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Ah OK, I didn't realise it was just those exam boards. But surely with exams taken around the world, pre-exam discussion for some people would be at the same time as post-exam discussion for others?
    If there's any discussion of the actual content of exam papers (even a comment such as how hard someone found it) before midnight (morning exams)/4.30AM (afternoon exams) for Edexcel/CIE exams then this is against the rules and is liable to be warned/removed. After these times everyone who's going to take the paper should have done so. Generally we allow discussion of exams until the time when they're sat in the UK, but we'll still remove any content that breaks the rules if posted before this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dukedom)
    How is everyone feeling about it, looking for something to read so can someone give some links to forum posts about this exam?

Really hope not to many log questions come up
    logs are extremely easy you just need to learn how they work (takes two seconds) if u want ill explain. Also is this the MEI thread or not?

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it? Mr M can you post answers please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imfailingbadly)
    how did everyone find it? Mr M can you post answers please?
    I made lots of silly mistakes.

how did you find it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mr M can you post answers please?
    They are posted. I created a new thread to avoid confusion with the OCR MEI people. Perhaps this could be allowed to drop down now?

ReputationRep:
    thank you! where can i find them? I made loads of little mistakes to...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    where can i find them?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1152450

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for 2ii?.. i got x= 2 and -1.5.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.