Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Gargh I'm such an idiot..scratched the skin near my eye area really hard... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    and now I have a BRIGHT RED line. I've used google and I think it is a broken capillary caused by pressure when I scratched the area. They are more common in thin skin and the eye skin is thin isn't it so that makes sense.

Has anyone had a broken capillary removed with lasers before?

ReputationRep:
    Go and see a doctor, instead of asking on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will proabaly go
    lol you wont need laser treatment, dont worry bout it cappilaries are always bursting it happens alot on roller coasters and I hate them red squids some ppl have in their eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiderP1g)
    Go and see a doctor, instead of asking on TSR.
    Broken capillary is hardly somehting to bother a doctor with

And I'm asking if anyone has had one removed with lasers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    I think it will proabaly go
    lol you wont need laser treatment, dont worry bout it cappilaries are always bursting it happens alot on roller coasters and I hate them red squids some ppl have in their eyes.
    Really? That makes me feel better. How long should I expect to wait (if it is going ot go away) do you think?

ReputationRep:
    id probably try some arnica cream to see if it helped, depends how bad it is..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Really? That makes me feel better. How long should I expect to wait (if it is going ot go away) do you think?
    yeah a few hours a so if it don't go away tomorrow
    just go doctors.

ReputationRep:
    How bad can it be? U only scratched it.
    It will go away don't worry about it.

What were you doing when it happened just out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    what?
    how is a damage to your skin more related to fashion & beauty than health?
    Could you stop asking tsr and google and go see a doctor??
    Well not fashion, but it is beauty.

No it has nothing to do wiht health, it's not a health issue it's a cosmetic issue.

Obviously a dermatologist could help but I'd rather ask TSR first to see if there's any point going to a derm, especially as they're so expensive

How long ago was this? The body heals of its own accord surprisingly effectively, especially where damage to the face is concerned. If we're talking in the last few days, I'd definitely give it some more time to heal before looking at such drastic treatment methods.

ReputationRep:
    I'd give it a little longer, OP, scratches and cuts die down - I know you think it may be more than that, but your skin may just be overreacting to having been scratched so hard. Don't panic yet!

If you are really bothered, I would actually go to a doctor. It is near your eye, so a delicate area - better safe than sorry. Just go to one of the walk-in surgeries, like my uni has, it doesn't have to be time-wasting.

ReputationRep:
    It may be cosmetic to you but it is still a health issue, for which you would have to see a doctor. Where do you think people go if they have acne? Straight to the doctor.

If you want to see a dermatologist you would need a referral from a doctor anyway.

You probably don't know much about lasers, I doubt anyone would perform laser for one red mark, would you really want to risk serious damage to your skin for something that will probably fade?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I recently got a piece of metal fall into my eye at a concert, after a few hours of trying to get it out (because it was so small ) it left a small mark which appeared to be a hole. The next day my eye was really red and swollen. I went into a local chemist and they suggested I go to the doctors, however use eye drops in the meantime otherwise it got infected. When I got to the doctors all they said to me was what had happened was that as I removed the metal from my eye I had scratched my eye and caused a hole, It then created a bubble around the hole so that it wouldnt get infected. The doctor I had wasn’t very helpful and you’ll probably get told the same thing as I have, he said to carry on using the eye drops as every time I closed my eye, my lid would rub against the bubble causing the redness around my eye. I continued to use my eye drops and although it hasn’t yet gone away (it happened in September) there is no redness in my eye at all and I don’t even notice the scratch! I was extremely conscious about it, but honestly in time it will go away. My doctor did refer me to the hospital to have a second opinion, to see whether they could do anything. But he suggested they wouldn’t do it on the NHS because if it not effecting your sight it would be a cosmetic treatment. I hope that helps. It will go away in time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good1m8)
    It may be cosmetic to you but it is still a health issue, for which you would have to see a doctor. Where do you think people go if they have acne? Straight to the doctor.

If you want to see a dermatologist you would need a referral from a doctor anyway.

You probably don't know much about lasers, I doubt anyone would perform laser for one red mark, would you really want to risk serious damage to your skin for something that will probably fade?
    Broken capillaries are not considered a health issue by any doctor. NHS dermatogists are pretty crap, so if I did go to a derm it would be private anyway.

And no I don't know anything about lasers, that's why I was asking about them on here.

ReputationRep:
    That's enough I think.

O-Ren, If I were you I'd wait to see if it gets better on its own before you consider what you'll do if it doesn't.

And I wouldn't say that NHS dermatologists are crap, just that the waiting lists to see them can be long.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.