Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Here's an interesting question. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Nick. And here we go...
    I have applied for a course that requires CCC / CCD. My predicted grades are ABB.
    Now, I've been given a conditional offer for a course for the grades ABB.

Now, here's another guy. He's predicted BCC. He was also given an offer for his predicted grades.

Now, surely if I don't get ABB and say, got ABC or BBC or BBB... e.t.c. then I would still get in?
    I don't see how this guy who *hypothetically* gets his predicted BCC and gets in, when I get higher grades than him.

If that doesn't make much sense, I'm trying to ask if I do not get the predicted grades that i have been given an offer for, but still get above the requirement, will I still get a place on the course?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's because they want you to keep working at the level you are. Most universities do this.If you don't make the grades you cannot guarantee yourself a place.
    Wasn't all that interesting really.

ReputationRep:
    I would actually have preferred lower predicted grades. And since it directly concerns myself it is indeed interesting for me to know.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the uni and couse i think. I was predicted AABB and my offer was ABB which i didnt meet but i still got my place

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.