Turn on thread page Beta

AS Jan exams just over - worth restarting revision already? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished jan exams in maths, chem and bio - and I don't think they went that well. Spent too much time stressing over maths and doing badly (and it's "only" C1) bio went badly and chemistry went ok but spent too much time on first half of paper. I know I will have to resit anyway, and am deliberating on whether I should start going over everything and restarting revision. I will end up with 9 exams this summer and don't want to to badly. Or will I be wasting my time revising now? It doesn't help that I was hoping to do medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably have Economics Unit 1 to resit (if I get a C or low B and less). Start around March? If you do now, you'll forget it.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry AQA Unit 1 paper- Quite pleased with (But not too pleased as i dont want to get my hopes up)

Biology AQA Unit 1 paper- Really hard paper and got stressed in the exam despite my end amounts of revision. Probable re-sit

ReputationRep:
    Maths I'd start revising now, I never stop revising it.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on you. Some people find that long term revision really helps them, but I personally don't. I revise a week or two before the exam, at the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    AQA Biology - too many HSW questions!!!!! And I know I made a couple of stupid mistakes, so possible resit.
    OCR B Physics - almost certain resit. Horrible exam, I didn't finish and have lost quite a few marks on the stuff I did do.
    AQA Chemistry - easiest of the three. I know I've lost a couple of marks but I'm very positive about this one
    I really need to do well in these exams though 'cause I want to apply for Oxford, and my 6th form won't help me if I don't
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ergh. Edexcel science exams were poopers. Resitting everything man. Too depressing

ReputationRep:
    I decided a few days ago that im gonna start revising for june exams about a week after these ones finish (gotta give myself a bit of a break ;p) for me personally i think it will work better as i will feel like i know everything really well and it won't be rushed as im doing now! im prob gonna be resitting lots of exams in june too. With my uni places on the line i dont wanna risk not revising soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    OCR CHEMISTRY - Preparing for resits already (says it all really)
    EDEXCEL SNAB BIOLOGY - Paper was ok but annoyed me
    OCR PSYCHOLOGY - Was ok too but some questions were like wtf :confused:

DEfinately gonna start learning and fully understanding all three so that revision will
    be easier when the time comes

ReputationRep:
    You're kidding right? Take a break - you can start revising for the Summer exams in April, March at the earliest!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a break will help refresh your mind and distress you from all the hard word you have done studying for those January exams!

I'm glad we finished today, I'm not going to open another book again until next week! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    surely take a break? I would wait until your results, loads of people I know who say they failed and they actually get A's, no point guessing if you need to resit until you get results. Plus its probably better now to concentrate on your new modules, or you may become behind in that and have to resit those... and so it goes on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    OCR CHEMISTRY - Preparing for resits already (says it all really)
    EDEXCEL SNAB BIOLOGY - Paper was ok but annoyed me
    OCR PSYCHOLOGY - Was ok too but some questions were like wtf :confused:

definitely gonna start learning and fully understanding all three so that revision will
    be easier when the time comes
    Wow, you do the same subjects with the same exam boards like me :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    lol,

Psychology PSYA1 AQA A----possible resit..hoping for an A though I know i messed a few questions up
    OCR biology--a very very random paper...know I got some wrong...hoping for an A...but preparing for resit
    Edexcel chemistry----very dodgy paper, hadn't been taught about half of it...deffo resit
    Edexcel History---didn't know anything....deffo resit....possible D or worse

My mum knows I flopped...and is making me start revision tomorrow...although I won't do anything until next week at least...ie. just do my homeyworkeys

Give yourself a month at least for a break. It depends how you learn - do you spend hours making beautiful mindmaps? Because if those take ages, it wouldn't hurt. Maybe a do maths paper a week, but nothing too strenuous, you could forget everything.

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

I had at least 9 exams in June and didn't start until the start of Mayish. Starting already is a bit excessive - at least wait till Results Day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Wow, you do the same subjects with the same exam boards like me :ninja:

lool ...
    how did you find the papers???

ReputationRep:
    I'll end up re-doing my Edexcel Spanish Speaking exam I think; I don't want to though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna chill for a bit. But I'm going to try harder to understand the coming modules this time around!

ReputationRep:
    At least wait until your results...you might've done better than you think.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.