Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

1) The problem is attached. I have difficulty deriving the eqn in b, I am not really sure how to get the 1/2 without any effect on the log10S.

As for c, I am thinking of plotting a graph of logS against root m, that'd fit the eqn in b, wouldn't it?
    S = solubility of AgIO3
    m = molality of KNO3(ionic strength)

This is what I am not really sure about, if someone can clarify this please. Thanks.

while i am on physical, there is one more question,

2) Discuss how the rotational Raman spectrum of 16O2 would compare with that
    of 14N2.
    - I read that for 16O2, all transitions with J'' even are absent whereas there is a 6:3 evendd intensity alternation for 14N2. I know where the 6:3 comes from, but I am not really sure why all the even J'' transitions are absent for 16O2.

Thanks again.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf debye huckel.pdf (57.8 KB, 98 views)
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.