Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just don't. I can't take it anymore, feeling like this.

My family are just insensitive, cold excuses for human beings especially my brother.

They'll be sorry though.

I thought I had a hold of my depression but I came in today to be verbally attacked as soon as I got through the door. I already felt low, watching the cars on the motorway before and thinking I should run in front of one.

I had dreams once. They all got destroyed. I feel alone and unloved and unworthy. My life has reached an end.

You can give me all the advice you want but I've heard it all before.

I'm just writing this so my death won't entirely be in vain, to convey my feelings so people don't think I'm a selfish person for not wanting to live a life of hell anymore. If I had the money I'd be buying alcohol so I had the courage to kill myself. I couldn't take the physical pain sober.

ReputationRep:
    You're not writing this so your death won't be in vain, you clearly, at least subconsciously, think there's still a shot at getting some help. If you're suicidal you need to go to A&E straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Someone will post this, probably, but if not I think you should read it.

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If I had the money I'd be buying alcohol so I had the courage to kill myself. I couldn't take the physical pain sober.
    steal some. if you're going to die anyway, then it doesn't matter, right?

What are A and E going to do? Give me medication? I won't take it, I'm already prescribed it and it doesn't take away the problems that are making me feel this way.

Put me in hospital? That didn't help me years ago, it just made me even worse. I'd only do something when I came out. It'd only delay it. All hospital would do is force me to take medication so I feel better enough to be let out, and my life is a constant saga of hospital appointments and pills. It's a vicious circle I'd rather be out of.

ReputationRep:
    dude what the hell are you doing posting this up here........make a youtube vid or something that will get more views that way your death will be remebered for about.........a week or so. good luck with that

do what you want to do but dont run in front of a car. do you really feel the need to destroy somebody else's life? i don't think so. we've all reached a low point at some time. that's life and it's in your hands to change the future. nobody said it's easy

ReputationRep:
    Understand several things here.

1. These thoughts and feelings are a symptom of the depression, rather than being the way your life is, no matter how strongly it feels so.

2. Your family are not you, they are not in control of you and there is no need to have them affect you so deeply, moving away would be useful.

3. Rather than this low being the end of the road, I would see it as an exciting new one. You have nothing to lose, this is your chance to persue your dreams, do what ever it is you always wanted to do in life. Forget your death being in vein, at the moment your life is if you dont stand right by yourself.

4. I think in fact you would much rather your life was happy and carefree than to end it now. This is possible for anybody, so long as you take the right path.

(Original post by myno)
    dude what the hell are you doing posting this up here........make a youtube vid or something that will get more views that way your death will be remebered for about.........a week or so. good luck with that
    I'd rather go quietly, with dignity. But I don't care, as long as I go, it's all the same to me.

do what you want to do but dont run in front of a car. do you really feel the need to destroy somebody else's life? i don't think so. we've all reached a low point at some time. that's life and it's in your hands to change the future. nobody said it's easy
    That's exactly why I didn't do it. I think of other people to much that's my problem.

hey, don't be silly, i actually do know how you feel, but takin ur life aint the answer... i thught about it too but...it's the cowards way out really, just ignore your brother, if he's that horrible then he aint worth your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Hay, right now you may think its the only way out, but its not.Take all whats bad in your life and get it away from you, and replace it with only good.If your family is an issue then get rid of the issue(i mean move out by saying that) and you can do it even without money as theres allot of places and people who understand you and can help.

That's exactly why I didn't do it. I think of other people to much that's my problem.
    yeah i do that too, its good but too much of it can be destructive, be selfish, love urself, it'll do you a lotta good

yeah i do that too, its good but too much of it can be destructive, be selfish, love urself, it'll do you a lotta good
    god i agree with this anonymous in everything you say!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather go quietly, with dignity.
    I'm sorry, but there's no dignity in killing yourself.
    You might be going through some hard times at home, but they won't be forever. You do or can have the means and power to change things, you just can't see it atm.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't. I can't take it anymore, feeling like this.

My family are just insensitive, cold excuses for human beings especially my brother.

They'll be sorry though.

I thought I had a hold of my depression but I came in today to be verbally attacked as soon as I got through the door. I already felt low, watching the cars on the motorway before and thinking I should run in front of one.

I had dreams once. They all got destroyed. I feel alone and unloved and unworthy. My life has reached an end.

You can give me all the advice you want but I've heard it all before.

I'm just writing this so my death won't entirely be in vain, to convey my feelings so people don't think I'm a selfish person for not wanting to live a life of hell anymore. If I had the money I'd be buying alcohol so I had the courage to kill myself. I couldn't take the physical pain sober.
    See a councellor - NOW!

Looks like you have depression.

Can be sorted, and you can go back to enjoying your life. All the best x

ReputationRep:
    watching the cars on the motorway before and thinking I should run in front of one.
    If you are going to kill yourself, fine it's your choice.

But don't be selfish and ruin other peoples' lives in the process. If you are going to do it make sure you take out as many loans as you can, sell all your stuff and give all the money to charity then top yourself in a way you won't affect anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    If you are going to kill yourself, fine it's your choice.

But don't be selfish and ruin other peoples' lives in the process. If you are going to do it make sure you take out as many loans as you can, sell all your stuff and give all the money to charity then top yourself in a way you won't affect anyone else.
    lol,dats a good idea but maybe when ur 80 and actually about to die, not rite now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myno)
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    Bye.
    I am deeply angered by the insensitivity shown on this thread!
    the two people whom I have quoted are very sick human beings, whether this is or isnt a troll, NEVER say things like that.

The OP clearly does not value his life and what you to are doing is akin to stamping on someones fingers as they dangle from a high ledge, so they fall to their death. Perhaps you heartless ***** should euthanise yourself instead as you clearly thrive on demoralising those in weaker positions then you.

I'd rather go quietly, with dignity. But I don't care, as long as I go, it's all the same to me.
    Imagine death, on one hand you could get 70 virgins or be ina cloudy paradise if your religious,

but on the other hand imagine an infinitive nothingness, not even the two ***** i previously quoted deserve that.

I am not in your shoes so Im not going to tell you to man up or anything, but your looking at the world through a negative perspective?

Before you make a firm decision, please explain to us, excatly what makes your life **** apart from being around people that dont seem to care, what exactly make your life suck in your eyes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by </Tom>)
    Next of kin will get the debt, ruining their life. :rolleyes:
    Only if the debt is in a joint name where the debt goes to them, otherwise it is written off. Next of kin don't need to pay anything.

:cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.