Turn on thread page Beta

Don't want to live anymore. watch

i'll tell u something, i memba about 3 years ago, i really was on an all time low, i went through some horrific things...but you know what? life does get better eventually, time is definitely a healer, and im a religious person so that also helped. i only learnt to appreciate myself (slightly) recently and it feels good try it, think of all the things you've done right, think of the people that are gonna miss you and think about why they're gonna miss you. don't EVER concentrate on the negative bits. it's not gonna get better right away, but it will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You can give me all the advice you want but I've heard it all before.
    OP, if you want to die then just do it.

Loads of people write on TSR "Oh, I want to die, my life is so hard, blah, blah" and they receive responds - "please, don't do it, life is beautiful."

And I don't know who's more naive.

I don't want to be mean, but life is never gonna be perfect and it'd be better to, at least, go to see your GP rather than moaning on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    running in front of cars is a bad idea. you will cause a lot of hassle and loss of money for the driver, and cause more inconvience to people who got caught up in the traffic jam you've caused.

You're going to die one day anyway, why have it so soon, when you don't know what could happen in the future? How do you know when you die you don't go somewhere just as bad? A guy once told me he was going to kill himself, and then I shouted at him and told him people(me) do care. You should try talking to someone, you'd be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Anonymous, dude, I really feel for you, I really do, and I'm not going to post anonymously but I have been there too and come through it. I was suffering from severe depression, the pain and lonliness I ws feeling far outwieghed my coping mechanisms, I had run out of resources to deal with the emotional pain and sense of worthlessness I had at the time.

But I came through it, with a mix of talking to people and opening up, I realised that I was NOT worthless, I was cared for and would be missed if I went.

I was young, I had all my life ahead of me, amongst lots of things I was feeling heartbreak at the time and then I realised what its like when you meet someone new for the first time again and then realised that was exciting and fun and nice and worth living for... just ONE little thing which began to build up my coping mechanisms.

I KNOW what its like, when you're in such a depressive state that you can sit in a trance for hours at a time, not eating, moving, not reading, watching TV or anything - its just you, silent, in a room, on your own... and that's the worst thing you can do. My friends saved me from depression. I lived on my own at the time, I didn't have support from a family at home because I didn't live with them and they didn't know how I felt, even if your family are hell to live with, you CAN make it on your own, you don't have to live with them, I got a flatmate and its so much fun. I got a new job, that helped (low wage was depressing too lol) and I came through it.

All you need is to rediscover ONE glimmer of hope and the rest comes along like a set of dominoes falling. Think about something that makes you feel ALIVE, the first time you kissed someone you really liked, maybe? Imagine having that again... you can't have that dead... discover what makes you feel alive, I know you can. xxxx

ReputationRep:
    General response, stop being a ****** and get on with your life. You can easily grab control of your depression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by </Tom>)
    Also, you won't do it, OP, you haven't got the bottle.
    If you think you're doing a good thing by saying that, it's generally advised not to call a suicidal person's bluff.

Go to A&E, see somebody from CAMHS - they can talk to you and help you. I know two people who have gone through depression and have seriously considered suicide, and one of them attempted. CAMHS helped both of them and they both say that it's turned their lives around - they say that they're eternally thankful to the person who persuaded them to go see CAMHS. If you've ever seen a school counciller and it's put you off seeing any other therapist, the two people I know both tell me that school councillers are complete **** compared to any other therapist.

So give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    OP C'mon your family life is **** and your bro is a ****.

You deserve better yes, but do you deserve to die...want them to win?

If you wanted to die you would have gone quietly or leave a note to say that your life was not in vain.

Believe it or not I've been through all of this **** and I KNOW how it is. My mum is an alcoholic and dad is a drug user with a short temper. I was beaten on a daily basis and feared I would fail my GCSEs and my ALevels.

I left home at 18 and since then my parents are waaaay better and although i never forgot how I felt I did learn to forgive. Since then I have a degree, a good job and am applying for Med school...now don't you think sticking it out and getting the right help may actually help/>>#?

You won't know til you try because it was the best thing I ever did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
    allow.
    +1.

I don't see the point of this thread.. I mean, all the evidence points towards you just desperately seeking attention, which is all good in the hood, but why act as if you want to kill yourself? If you REALLY wanted to kill yourself you would be doing it right now, instead of talking about it on an internet forum. I mean, it's not as if you've came on here to seek advice either. Or have you? I don't know, you didn't exactly ask for any advice anyway.

If you are looking for advice, i'd tell you to stop thinking about yourself for one goddamn second, and think about other lifes you're going to make miserable by taking your own. Suicide is a ******* selfish act. Life is hard, believe me.. I know, but we've all been there, and we've all found the light at the end of the tunnel sooner or later.

Well, life is crap sometimes. Maybe it's crap all the time, and we only convince ourselves that it's good.

You are able to make up your own mind. There will be a part of you that wants to stay alive, it's natural. But it'd just be easier if you didn't have to go on. Or would it be easier?

I was suicidal not long ago, and didn't know what was the point of going on. I thought about killing myself, but I didn't see the point in it. It wouldn't make any difference. So I carried on living. I'm glad I did, since life for me became at least tolerable.

I'm not saying it would be the same for you, but I just don't think it's worth it. You've got a choice, whether you like it or not. Nothing is set in stone.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you posting here? It's extremely regrettable and upsetting if you go ahead with this but call a help service or something rather than posting on bloody TSR although I hope you'd be talked out of it. Your dreams have slipped away because YOU have let them slip away, unless you're like over 60, there's time to realise those dreams and live a good life. Insensitive family? For goodness said, move out then and get a job and you'd be much happier, join some societies be it amensty or st. john's or a football club.

You CAN be happy and you CAN come out your depression but it's not gonna happen unless you get off ur ar** and do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't. I can't take it anymore, feeling like this.

My family are just insensitive, cold excuses for human beings especially my brother.

They'll be sorry though.

I thought I had a hold of my depression but I came in today to be verbally attacked as soon as I got through the door. I already felt low, watching the cars on the motorway before and thinking I should run in front of one.

I had dreams once. They all got destroyed. I feel alone and unloved and unworthy. My life has reached an end.

You can give me all the advice you want but I've heard it all before.

I'm just writing this so my death won't entirely be in vain, to convey my feelings so people don't think I'm a selfish person for not wanting to live a life of hell anymore. If I had the money I'd be buying alcohol so I had the courage to kill myself. I couldn't take the physical pain sober.
    If you have any sense of decency left, you'll not jump in front of a vehicle that could result in more than than just your death. I find that thought repulsive.

But yeah, life is beautiful. Get over your problems and press on.... or don't, it's up to you. Just what did you think you were going to accomplish with that post?

What are A and E going to do? Give me medication? I won't take it, I'm already prescribed it and it doesn't take away the problems that are making me feel this way.

Put me in hospital? That didn't help me years ago, it just made me even worse. I'd only do something when I came out. It'd only delay it. All hospital would do is force me to take medication so I feel better enough to be let out, and my life is a constant saga of hospital appointments and pills. It's a vicious circle I'd rather be out of.
    I know there's no hope that you'll believe this now but maybe you'll just entertain the thought. When I was 13 I felt just like you - my dad abused me and I didn't want to live anymore. I regularly brought myself close to death and thought there was no alternative. My mum found my diary in which I was talking about suicide and to cut a long story short I was forced into a psychiatric hospital. I was there for 6 months, the first 5 of which I spent trying to get out/end it but then it went up. I actually started to get better and the self harm and everything stopped and I realised people had a point, there was an alternative. Now I've just got into Oxford to do Medicine and I hope I can make a difference to people like my doctors did to you. What I'm trying to say is.. give it a chance, maybe hospital might be able to help you. Maybe if you really put everything into getting better things might improve. Is there any way you can get away from your family? I guess hospital could help with that too..

ReputationRep:
    get laid son

ReputationRep:
    If you had dreams once whats stopping you now? You don't need help or medication, you need a goal, set yourself a challenge everyday and ******* go and do it!

Society won't help you, as society is full of selfish people only out for themselves. Only you can help yourself, your too nice to other people? **** them and look after yourself for a change then.

I know there's no hope that you'll believe this now but maybe you'll just entertain the thought. When I was 13 I felt just like you - my dad abused me and I didn't want to live anymore. I regularly brought myself close to death and thought there was no alternative. My mum found my diary in which I was talking about suicide and to cut a long story short I was forced into a psychiatric hospital. I was there for 6 months, the first 5 of which I spent trying to get out/end it but then it went up. I actually started to get better and the self harm and everything stopped and I realised people had a point, there was an alternative. Now I've just got into Oxford to do Medicine and I hope I can make a difference to people like my doctors did to you. What I'm trying to say is.. give it a chance, maybe hospital might be able to help you. Maybe if you really put everything into getting better things might improve. Is there any way you can get away from your family? I guess hospital could help with that too..
    They'd still come and visit me, like they did last time when my brother was still being difficult and I literally had to bite my tongue. Hospital isn't a better alternative, not the one I was in anyway. Nowhere on earth is far enough away from the problems, I think the only ultimate way of getting peace would be commit suicide.

Fair enough to you though, you've turned your life around. I wish I could do that but each time I've tried Ive only ended up in a worse position.

Things won't improve. The best years of my life are behind me now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NAGGERTOTS)
    TBH... Go jump in front of a car or STFU for being a pussy and go whine to about your emo ******** in your diary.
    nothing i can say will make you feel as bad as you should. Who the **** are you to kick dirt at someone who is alreay down?

Suffering from depression is not being a pussy, it is a biological disorder that results from an inbalance of neurotansmitters. But im sure you dont care as you escape judgement from the oustide world and chat an immense load of ******** on an internet chatroom.

(Original post by MrJoeyUK)
    +1.

If you are looking for advice, i'd tell you to stop thinking about yourself for one goddamn second, and think about other lifes you're going to make miserable by taking your own. Suicide is a ******* selfish act. Life is hard, believe me.. I know, but we've all been there, and we've all found the light at the end of the tunnel sooner or later.
    I dont think looking for attention is really quite the thing to label a situation inwhich some has one last cry for help before they take their own life. Your post seems to show that you are trying to encourage the OP to not go ahead so Kudos to you, but as someone has alreday said, calling a potentially suicidal mans bluff is not the way to diffuse the situation.

(Original post by I<3LAMP)
    OP C'mon your family life is **** and your bro is a ****.

You deserve better yes, but do you deserve to die...want them to win?

If you wanted to die you would have gone quietly or leave a note to say that your life was not in vain.

Believe it or not I've been through all of this **** and I KNOW how it is. My mum is an alcoholic and dad is a drug user with a short temper. I was beaten on a daily basis and feared I would fail my GCSEs and my ALevels.

I left home at 18 and since then my parents are waaaay better and although i never forgot how I felt I did learn to forgive. Since then I have a degree, a good job and am applying for Med school...now don't you think sticking it out and getting the right help may actually help/>>#?

You won't know til you try because it was the best thing I ever did.
    If I hadnt already given rep today sir you would be getting it.

ReputationRep:
    put it this way. if you are dead you have nothing. nothing but darkness. probably not even that. you will never have anyting again. nothing. no-one. no light. no sound. and you will be alone.or you may even be ...nothing.
    but if there is jsut something. anything. thta you can look foward to. even a cup of tea! dont do it.

for full explanation watch torchwood episode series 2 'A day in the Death'

ReputationRep:
    Take your family's money (IF they're that bad as you say) and run far far away.

ReputationRep:
    how bout get over yourself and stop sinking your own self pity. There are millions worse off than you, go talk to someone about it, get the damn computer and go start lving your life, dont be so selfish, you obviously have a home or sorts or at least a house, warmth clothing food, you need a good slap across the face and a reality check.

Fair enough depression is not funny at all but there are people in the world starving and without basic needs and they still go on living.
    Life is not always as bad as it seems, just learn to appreciate the small things in life and if your brother is annoying you tell him whats going on, he will surely understand.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.