Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Was hoping to go to America this summer to visit friends after the exams in May and I was wondering how i would do this cheaply.

reccomend any sight which do flight and hotel like thw whole lot

thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey. flights are about 400 quid in august, more in july. whereabouts in America did you want to go?

New York is good, so is Los Angeles. great sights - there is plenty of stuff on the internet to help.

ReputationRep:
    Hostels in american cities are always good cheap and very social scenes Trains are well expensive, but the views of the countryside / mountatains are great! Greyhound is a great way to travel between cities - boston to LA costs about $50-100 and is pretty direct

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i travelled there last summer to visit my boyfriend. I travelled with airfrance...through travelocity.co.uk i think it was about£400 in June. I am going back in April but that is costing £440 through KLM. In the summer i travelled from Atlanta in GA up to Vermont. We visited DC which was a lovely city, spent 4th july there which was awesome. We also went to NYC for the day...got the train from conneticuit (my bf has family there) i can't remember how much that cost tho. We also went to Boston which was really nice.

Hope you have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend http://www.hostelworld.com for your hostels

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]hey. flights are about 400 quid in august, more in july. whereabouts in America did you want to go?

New York is good, so is Los Angeles. great sights - there is plenty of stuff on the internet to help.
    /QUOTE]

chicago

so did those costs include return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camy006)
    chicago

so did those costs include return?
    About £300-£450 return depending on time of year.

ReputationRep:
    very much depends where your going really ? Id recommend florida, but its going to be expensive, living in america food wise isnt too expensive at all, and of course it depends how the pound / dollar is doing, you could get a lot for your moneys worth

ReputationRep:
    Whereabouts do you want to go? America's a pretty big place...

ReputationRep:
    The megabus also operates in the states. Cheap bus travel
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Virgin are having a sale at the moment. You can also fly with Delta for about £319 return if booked before the 26th of Jan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.