Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I heard of someone who paid a person to write their personal statement for them! It was apparently really good and was all about them just in better english! Don't think it's fair giving an unfair advantage really.

Just wondering what ye think bout doing something like this?

ReputationRep:
    Forget the moral issues, it's just very lazy.

ReputationRep:
    His/her loss, it'll probably show during the interview :p:

ReputationRep:
    Of course its not right. Why can't people do their own for Christ sake? Its not hard.

ReputationRep:
    Just Lazy, Shouldn't make much difference, most people have other people put some form of input into it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcolemann5)
    So I heard of someone who paid a person to write their personal statement for them! It was apparently really good and was all about them just in better english! Don't think it's fair giving an unfair advantage really.

Just wondering what ye think bout doing something like this?
    I don't think that is very fair , and hopefully they will feel guilty about it, even if they don't get found out!

ReputationRep:
    its not ok, no

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I don't really think it matters. As long as everything you have done in it is true, then so what?

ReputationRep:
    ya it is lazy like but not sure they will get caught unless the PS is all like perfect with big words and tey go to interview wit basic vocabulary! lol

ReputationRep:
    if they get found out it won't do them any favors.

ReputationRep:
    ya it is lazy like but not sure they will get caught unless the PS is all like perfect with big words and tey go to interview wit basic vocabulary! lol
    Can't tell if your grammar/spelling in your post is a joke or serious?

Either way no its not ok. If you can't be arsed to write a little about yourself for a uni to understand a little bit about you then you shouldnt be going to uni and the place should be given to someone who actually cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missy6E)
    if they get found out it won't do them any favors.
    ya wouldnt look good lol not sure how they wud get found out though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    Can't tell if your appauling grammer/spelling in your post is a joke or serious?

Either way no its not ok. If you can't be arsed to write a little about yourself for a uni to understand a little bit about you then you shouldnt be going to uni and the place should be given to someone who actually cares.
    Sorry appalling grammer and spelling is because Im on my phone so writing like I do in texts out of habbit! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Most of the people who write personal statements use the same templates each time. If certain bits reoccur then it can flag on the system.

I could write a better personal statement for myself than any of them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrkn)
    Most of the people who write personal statements use the same templates each time. If certain bits reoccur then it can flag on the system.

I could write a better personal statement for myself than any of them anyway.
    Ya personally I don't know how it would work because no-one can know you as well as you know yourself so is always easier to do your own! I found it grand to do once i got started that was the worst bit!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry appalling grammer and spelling is because Im on my phone so writing like I do in texts out of habbit! :p:
    Well I might let you off then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    :yes: Thanks :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)

I think you should...

(Original post by Q_M)
    Can't tell if your appauling grammer/spelling in your post is a joke or serious?
    Grammar

=P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    I think you should...

Grammar

=P
    Ah my two A's in English let me down yet again. I'm not usually into Grammar policing but couldn't resist because of the point they were making at the time.

ReputationRep:
    It would be amazing if the person they paid went and put it up on the internet somewhere...

So even after paying for a PS... they will get done for plagiarism!!!

:mmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.