Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bored of being single now.. watch

ReputationRep:
    I broke up with my ex back 2008 nov. so being single since then

I'm not shy but im also not the most in your face guy, i think my main problem is nice guy syndrom. But finding a girl isn't the easiest thing when my course is very male dominent and my society is too.

I just want to know what i do wrong? theres a picture of me on my profile. I think i just need to intiate conversations with girls more than of not bothering...?

ReputationRep:
    being nice only works if you want to keep a girl not to find one

ReputationRep:
    Stop grinning like that, immediately puts you in the friend zone.

ReputationRep:
    So smiling is bad? or does smiling not invole opening the mouth?

So far ive learn't don't smile and be mean?

ReputationRep:
    i find the best thing to do is never give a girl the oppportunity to even contemplate being your friend, thats the worst thing you can do is get placed in the deep, dark, lonely barrel of friendship. If its a girl your just meeting like walking up to in a bar or randomly noticed on the bus initiate conversation, be quirky but not strange, forward but not so in your face, it depends what you want really, a long lasting relationship or a quick tumble for a couple of weeks :P either way you have to know when shes not interested, persistence can do well some times but if she is seriously not into you just back off and move on dont lose any sleep over it.

ReputationRep:
    i know it sounds really strange and in many cases stupid but if its a choice between washing up or drying up i always choose washing up therefore my philosphy is that im best suited to someone who likes to dry up, thats one of my "initiate conversation things" and believe me its worked (odd i know) if they say the same as you then you can flip to say wow we have so much in common if it makes her laugh your half way there

ReputationRep:
    oh and it is true that woman prefer a Heathcliff to an Edgar

ReputationRep:
    Same. I have 1 girl in mind but I'm pretty sure she only sees my as a friend and I'm not sure whether I want to risk losing the friendship for the very slim chance of getting into a relationship with her.

Typical story for me really, but I refuse to start acting like a **** to girls...just need to take more risks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imhiya)

Learn to smile in a sexy way. Like...

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...clooney635.jpg

It's not a "proper" smile but it says "i want you"

Instead of this one....

http://phillips.blogs.com/photos/unc...zed/17grin.jpg

which says "Hurr durr I'm so funny!"

If you get what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    I've been single for what seems like forever, the guy that like me are always the ones that I'm not attracted to.
    I think you need to wait it out, don't give in but don't try to hard.
    Go to new places and talk to new people, and obviously be yourself.

ReputationRep:

This is defently what I look for in a guy :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)

Instead of this one....
    which says "Hurr durr I'm so funny!"

If you get what I mean?
    so you're saying he needs to photoshop the hell out of all further pictures of him, gotcha.

ReputationRep:

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...clooney635.jpg

So all OP has to do is turn into George Clooney and he ll be sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fraser_Integration)
    so you're saying he needs to photoshop the hell out of all further pictures of him, gotcha.
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kuayyaz)
    So all OP has to do is turn into George Clooney and he ll be sorted.
    I just couldn't find a better photo of the sort of smile I was looking for.

ReputationRep:
    All you need is a car with a spacious boot, a blunt object, and a lockable basement of some description. :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    [...]
    Could you please post some more examples of a smile that says "I want you" ?
    Possibly with 2 guys of comparable handsomeness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianvygus)
    I've been single for what seems like forever, the guy that like me are always the ones that I'm not attracted to.
    I think you need to wait it out, don't give in but don't try to hard.
    Go to new places and talk to new people, and obviously be yourself.

Cool haircut.

BTW, the common male problem is that no girl seems to like you. We don't have your problem because usually every girl will do

ReputationRep:
    I broke up with my ex back 2008 nov. so being single since then

I'm not shy but im also not the most in your face guy, i think my main problem is nice guy syndrom. But finding a girl isn't the easiest thing when my course is very male dominent and my society is too.

I just want to know what i do wrong? theres a picture of me on my profile. I think i just need to intiate conversations with girls more than of not bothering...?

I have the same problems. I hear from my housemate that her mates think I'm hot. But I refuse to chat anyone up. I'll talk to them & be funny (which is what I thought most girls liked?!) but unless they show very clearly that they're into me, I find it hard to push it any further.

You're not alone mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    Could you please post some more examples of a smile that says "I want you" ?
    Possibly with 2 guys of comparable handsomeness.
    Dunno really...

or just something less forward like this cute smile?

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/9bb286e46d405e95e426705975acd306 1244074017_full.jpg

Although the second photo could be seen as gay...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.