Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for Victorian dramas.
    I currently have Ibsen's 'Doll's House' - which focuses primarily on women and the class divergence to an extent.
    Wilde's 'A Woman of No Importance' - yet again, focusin on class.
    The screenplay of 'The French Lieutenant's Woman' which I'm using to look at Victorian attitudes to Darwinism and science.

However, I have nothing regarding Industrialisation & Progress & Empire. I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions - what you're using/have used in the past. The exam is on Monday, so I've left this a bit late. However I have a very strong collection apart from the drama.

Ps: If anybody wants any ideas on the other sections, just let me know.

Hey! I'm really scared about English especially if empire of science and religion come up! Have you got any good quotes or help for that area or railways? If so can you email me please?
    [email protected]

For industry, i have got a tenuous link to 'the importance of being ernest' by oscar wilde,
    'my name is earnest in the town and jack in the country'
    its sort of shows that theres such a difference in the country and places of industry that he has to be two different people to fit in.

for empire, in the same play Lady Bracknell says jack's family life (becuase he doesnt know who his parents are) 'reminds one of the worst excesses of the french revolution'
    so she is saying his lesser family background reminds her of the awful times when the aristocracy were overthrown (yes, thats the most important thing to her, not all of the people who died)

hope that gives you a starting point!

I've got this exam too.

Industry- Hard times by Charles Dickens.

How is everyone revising for this exam? What do you think will come up? Apparently evolving attitudes is most likely to come up. :eek3:
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.