Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

REJECTED....Can I get another interview at a different Uni?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well I didn't make it onto my first choice PGCE course and now my application has been sent to my second choice which is East London.

Does anyone know how likely it is to get another PGCE interview?
    Has anyone been through the interview process at East London?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at UEL last week, it wasn't too bad just a presentation, a small interview and then Maths/English/ICT tests.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an interview at my first choice and was rejected. I was absolutley gutted and really lost confidence. I didnt even get offered an interview from my second choice. Further destruction of confidence. I then got an interview for my third choice and loved it as soon as i got there, interview went really well and was offered a place less than 24 hours after the interview. It is certainly possible to get an interview, but dont be disheartened if you dont, because it could always be third time lucky x

ReputationRep:
    my application as of now, is at UEL. From what i know, as long you attend the interview at UEL with a pulse you should get a place.

okay seriously, im sure UEL will consider you. **thumbs up**

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hannahf, redlime and looking2teach
    You guys have cheered me up; wow this forum is cool.

I kind of know where I went wrong - or what my weak area was I shall say; however I did think the interview process was... not as fair as other interviews I have read about but that's life.

I'm feling optimistic again because I rang up UEL and asked if they still had vacancies and if it's worth me applying because I know they held interviews last week. Anyway the course admissions person said that they still have vacancies and my application will be considered which is a good sign I feel. :rolleyes:

Like it's been said: it is not the end of the world as there are still other Universities; Extra and clearing. I will just wait and see what happens.

Good luck to you guys with your PGCE hunt :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling. I went for an interview at UEA last year for the Secondary English PGCE, thought I'd really done my best and stood a chance, and was rejected. They didn't offer me feedback, so I had no way of telling what I'd done wrong. I think this is really unfair on their part as there were only four of us at the interview, and I had driven all the way from Leeds for it!

However don't give up, enthusiasm and passion are a vital element of a good teacher and if you have that, interviewers will look favourably upon you!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.