Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    sorry for being off-topic, but is the clip in your sig real?
    I don't know, I just saw it and thought it was amusing and worth using.

It certainly seems real enough.

If so I'm guessing the 'derka derka' pictured wasn't really paying attention to what he was doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    Very poor people should have no children, poor people should have no more than one child, middle people can have two or three children, rich people could have more.
    this. I don't like your way of thinkin as if you are god...who is to judge who can have baby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nativeLondoner)
    Should we not be encouraging more minimal lifestyles in our society? Less consumption, more study, more self improvement etc...
    How exactly? Its peoples personal wishes. Less consumption is not the answer but efficient consumption. If you use resources efficiently you are going to consume less. How much more can the UK promote education?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    this. I don't like your way of thinkin as if you are god...who is to judge who can have baby?
    I don't want to pay for poor people looking after their kids so they get more child benefits and get a bigger council house. I wouldn't care how many people have kids if we didn't live in a welfare state; however as I will have to pay a ridiculous amount of tax to keep up these people I resent their overbreeding.

ReputationRep:
    A person may see self-improvement via caring for many persons in a family. Self-improvement is relative, like all things in life.

I think in life, people will live how they want to live. Forcing one mode of behaviour/thought on people never has and may never will work.

ReputationRep:
    I'm youngest of 5....my parents could afford to have us...mum stayed at home and did brought home the bacon. I love having loads of brothers and sisters...I get on with them great. The typical 1 or 2 kid families the children always seemed bored......don't get me started on only childs.....I find them really weird and socially inept..seriously! they can't take jokes, usually immature, socially not very developed...I don't like them and I can spot them from a mile off(well after a while of knowing them).

Quite a big chunk of first borns have only child syndrome. It's because the parents flap around them too much and give into them too much, they haven't got an older brother and sister to basically call them a god damn retard and to tell them to stop being a baby when being an idiot. They don't have the older brother and sister mocking them so they never develop the social skill of taking a joke...you can see it on their face and then they explode with something offence.....not getting the banter game at all.

I fully admit my elderst brother and sister, who is sister has only child/first born syndrome...so have my mates that are the oldest brother or only child....only child syndrome is worse in girls.

ReputationRep:
    Having a big family isn't very sensible when we are already getting short of resources. I think the people saying everyone can do what they want if they can afford it are sort of missing the point.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.