The Student Room Group

Bit suspect about something - quick thread!

Please leave anon as I know some people in this forum.

Ok so this man I sat next to on a short plan journey I became friends with, platonic friends so don't get any ideas! We just struck up a conversation and at first I was reluctant to speak to him but I couldn't resist his charm and good nature so talked the whole trip through! He was that friendly!

Anyway we don't have much in common (he's older than me, a son I think) but me moving to a new area, he knew I was going to be lonely and invited me to his house for dinner the other night.

He wanted me to meet his neice who was about my age! So sweet of him :biggrin: So I went to his house, turns out his neice is younger than me (lol like by about 5 years! :eek: I look a bit young for age) but she's still cool so it's all good.

Ok so at dinner he brings out alcohol, and after it he tops up my glass, AND has bought more alcohol just for me :confused:

He says he's being social but I'm not sure. Hopefully he is. I'm a neurotic (his words! It's ok, he told me he digs neurotic women, remind him of his ex-wife:rolleyes: ) 25-year-old nurse, and not really the partying or outgoing type, so not sure what that was about.

Pls help. Do you think he likes me or is just being social? Hopefully just social, coz I think he's funny and a very nice man and want to see him more.
Reply 1
I think it's very unlikely that he doesn't like you. You say he's older than you, but you're 25 - he probably thinks that's an okay age to have a much older man. But I might be wrong!
Reply 2
He wants more than friendship by the sounds of it.
Reply 3
Ywiss
I think it's very unlikely that he doesn't like you. You say he's older than you, but you're 25 - he probably thinks that's an okay age to have a much older man. But I might be wrong!

:rolleyes: how annoying. At 42, going on 43 very soon (he invited me to his party) is he for real. I have a crush on a hot Spanish guy my age anyway:biggrin:

Look I'm actually hoping he DOESN'T find me attractive, and it's just an entertaining thing that early 40s guys do. I really am because would be nice to have a platonic male friend in this new city. I have a couple I went to school with back in my hometown, but hardly any friends here. Feel a bit lonely!

Would like to have a movie buddy or something, coz we both like the same genres. Also I get along quite well with his neice.
Reply 4
We share a love for cooking, and go for the same Football team! :biggrin:

:cool:

This is going to be hard though this friendship. Might invite his neice with us next time we see the movies!
Anonymous
Please leave anon as I know some people in this forum.

Ok so this man I sat next to on a short plan journey I became friends with, platonic friends so don't get any ideas! We just struck up a conversation and at first I was reluctant to speak to him but I couldn't resist his charm and good nature so talked the whole trip through! He was that friendly!

Anyway we don't have much in common (he's older than me, a son I think) but me moving to a new area, he knew I was going to be lonely and invited me to his house for dinner the other night.

He wanted me to meet his neice who was about my age! So sweet of him :biggrin: So I went to his house, turns out his neice is younger than me (lol like by about 5 years! :eek: I look a bit young for age) but she's still cool so it's all good.

Ok so at dinner he brings out alcohol, and after it he tops up my glass, AND has bought more alcohol just for me :confused:

He says he's being social but I'm not sure. Hopefully he is. I'm a neurotic (his words! It's ok, he told me he digs neurotic women, remind him of his ex-wife:rolleyes: ) 25-year-old nurse, and not really the partying or outgoing type, so not sure what that was about.

Pls help. Do you think he likes me or is just being social? Hopefully just social, coz I think he's funny and a very nice man and want to see him more.

He wants some.
Reply 6
Make it clear to him you just want friendship then. Leading him on will do no good in the long run:no:
Anonymous

if you ask me, it sounds like he wants to rag the **** out of you
bit naive I think - he says he has an attraction to you, by saying he 'digs' neurotic women. He also likens you to his ex wife, someone who he actually chose to marry....!

I do think it was nice of him to invite you to dinnner, so perhaps you could continue to stay friends, but make sure you make it clear you aren't interested in more.
Reply 9
Anonymous
bit naive I think - he says he has an attraction to you, by saying he 'digs' neurotic women. He also likens you to his ex wife, someone who he actually chose to marry....!

I do think it was nice of him to invite you to dinnner, so perhaps you could continue to stay friends, but make sure you make it clear you aren't interested in more.

Just wrote him a card - hope he likes it, it was expensive! Thanking him for the meal and company.

I won't lead him on :wink: I might even bring the guy I'm crushing on into a convo if I need to :wink: I just want to be friends, but it's true I am a bit lonely and he's a great guy otherwise. I love his company.
Reply 10
TwirlGirl
Make it clear to him you just want friendship then. Leading him on will do no good in the long run:no:

Yeah I know I won't. I just hope he doesn't get the wrong idea, because when I was at his place I found him much more interesting to talk to than his neice still! :o:

I hardly talked to her - I did a bit but her uncle was way more on par with what I wanted to talk about.
Anonymous
Just wrote him a card - hope he likes it, it was expensive! Thanking him for the meal and company.

I won't lead him on :wink: I might even bring the guy I'm crushing on into a convo if I need to :wink: I just want to be friends, but it's true I am a bit lonely and he's a great guy otherwise. I love his company.

Yep - just drop into conversation a 'guy you're seeing' or so, or say 'it's so nice to have a friend in this city i know i can trust, a lot of men are only after one thing!' in a jokey way, just make your feelings known somehow.
Reply 12
Thanks for replies - as it turns out his neice just added me on Facebook!

Hardly use the site lol. It's not as bad as it seems, he just wants me to fit in and make friends here and that's very nice and caring of him. His neice is younger but we can be friends still, like a little sister :p: Might go to a festival together.
Reply 13
I'm not close to her either, but hey - another aquaintance! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending