E+M offers at OXFORD ONLY watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who has received an offer? - only for E+M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zero101)
    Who has received an offer? - only for E+M
    ne 1 here applied hertford college?
    have u heard from them yet? a friend who applied at queens got offer this morning, so i was waiting 4 my post........post just arrived but nothing from ox.....so i'm assuming they sent successful letters yest, and rejects 2day

ReputationRep:
    i had PPE interview recently, and was told decisions go out on 19th december, i think this is going to be same across all subjects and all colleges

just have to wait a little longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    i had PPE interview recently, and was told decisions go out on 19th december, i think this is going to be same across all subjects and all colleges

just have to wait a little longer
    it all depends on the college, cos some PPE applicants have heard already

ReputationRep:
    Keble for E&M.... I seem to be the only one whos heard anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)
    yeah and ur really lucky! well done

ReputationRep:
    read on the other thread that u only applied oxford?! r u post a-level?

ReputationRep:
    Nope still doing A levels.... Only applied to Oxford this year because if I got rejected I was going to have another go.

ReputationRep:
    Nope still doing A levels.... Only applied to Oxford this year because if I got rejected I was going to have another go.
    wow well thats brill!! did u think the interviews had gone well?

ReputationRep:
    Well I had 3 interviews, 2 at Keble 1 at St Catz...

The test was OK... managed to finish but wasnt too good on the summary.

The first interview (20 mins)was strange.... I was threw off by "define yourself in 2 minutes" and i missed some slightly obvious things... talked about a lot of random things like psychology and physics

Second interview (30 mins) was weird... I got asked lot of logic puzzles and some questions on the 'Wealth of Nations' and happiness graphs... It was all going pretty good until I was asked to "explain my GCSEs, why were they so bad?".... Slightly offputting... and afterwards I struggled on a relatively simple question. Pretty informal... I was asked "Would mince pies make me fat???" and stuff like that

Third interview was scheduled for 20 mins but they kept me talking for 45!!! It was with a panel of 4, unlike the others where it was 1 on 1. That interview almost went perfectly. It was all logic puzzle which I was able to do and we joked about the simpsons and lots of other things.

I was asked nothing about my essays and current affairs. My personal statement wasnt even touched... They just wanted to know what my thought process was like.

ReputationRep:
    Well I had 3 interviews, 2 at Keble 1 at St Catz...

The test was OK... managed to finish but wasnt too good on the summary.

The first interview (20 mins)was strange.... I was threw off by "define yourself in 2 minutes" and i missed some slightly obvious things... talked about a lot of random things like psychology and physics

Second interview (30 mins) was weird... I got asked lot of logic puzzles and some questions on the 'Wealth of Nations' and happiness graphs... It was all going pretty good until I was asked to "explain my GCSEs, why were they so bad?".... Slightly offputting... and afterwards I struggled on a relatively simple question. Pretty informal... I was asked "Would mince pies make me fat???" and stuff like that

Third interview was scheduled for 20 mins but they kept me talking for 45!!! It was with a panel of 4, unlike the others where it was 1 on 1. That interview almost went perfectly. It was all logic puzzle which I was able to do and we joked about the simpsons and lots of other things.

I was asked nothing about my essays and current affairs. My personal statement wasnt even touched... They just wanted to know what my thought process was like.

I was interviewed at keble as well,how did you answer the manegement graph question(speaker+back row thing)
    and when did you receive your offer??

ReputationRep:
    i first went with personality traits and then went with hierachy... once those ideas were removed... then he told me to use the little pieces and I realised that it was because seating was sequential and one person's decision is effectively based on the decisions of the people before it. The middle row was assumed to be ideal... The front 2 rows left too much exposure and the back two rows were hard to see in... so The first person sits in the middle of the middle row then the second person sits away from him but also on the middle row..... sequential the back row is filled up and then 2 places are take at the front 2 seats as they have no choice.

Then they said that it demonstrated a misallocation of resources... I said it could be fixed by price... forgetting that the assumption it was free.... and then I went with non monetary incentives like cushions and free drink.

Too be honest that was one of the more simple questions

UM i got my offer this morning... if you were doing E&M i must have seen you???

ReputationRep:
    i first went with personality traits and then went with hierachy... once those ideas were removed... then he told me to use the little pieces and I realised that it was because seating was sequential and one person's decision is effectively based on the decisions of the people before it. The middle row was assumed to be ideal... The front 2 rows left too much exposure and the back two rows were hard to see in... so The first person sits in the middle of the middle row then the second person sits away from him but also on the middle row..... sequential the back row is filled up and then 2 places are take at the front 2 seats as they have no choice.

Then they said that it demonstrated a misallocation of resources... I said it could be fixed by price... forgetting that the assumption it was free.... and then I went with non monetary incentives like cushions and free drink.

Too be honest that was one of the more simple questions

UM i got my offer this morning... if you were doing E&M i must have seen you???
    I applied to st hilda,but interviewed in keble,,because the guy took lectures in both college.
    your answer is brilliant!!

ReputationRep:
    You had felix?? i mean Dr Reed Tchoska... he was the one who phoned me to confirm my offer!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.