Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

This is my first post and I really hope someone can help. I'm currently in second year studying community education and having trouble writing my final essay of the first semester.

For my essay I have been asked to analyse a theory so using symbolic interactionism i am discussing the issue of domestic abuse.

The thing i dont understand is how exactly to analyse?
    3 - The focus of the assignment is not on the event,issue or scenario, but on your ability to use theory to make sense of it. (so am I right in saying that this means that after discussing a concept of symbolic interactionism ie the looking glass self i should see how this relates to the issue of domestic abuse?). The module is about analysing social contets and this assignment is asking ou to apply your knowledge of one or more theories to a real life situation. The goal here is for you to demonstrate that you have understood the theory and can operationalise it. (This is the part i dont understand at all...how do i operationalise or analyse the theory).

Please please help, Im stuck and in a bit of a panic, the essay is 2,500 words and due next week.

Thank you in advance.

Karlie.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.