Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    My bf has just been diagnosed with nsu and has told me I should go get tested...nsu is only in boys though? what should i get tested for?
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    No, it's not just a boy thing. NSU is the acronym for non-specific urethritis, a fancy way of saying 'we're not entirely sure what caused this sore urethra, but it's not gonococcal and it's not chlamydial'

    Other tests may vary depending on where you go, but for this you are likely to be given either a single dose antibiotic or a 'twice a day for seven days' course.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.