The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ninja Student
Ratio? .
Also for the question about where amalyse was produced, I wrote pancreas and liver, liver was a guess, is it right?

sorry, dont think liver is right :s-smilie: :frown: isnt it small intestine?
i am so freaked out by the 5 eggs rather than 1 question. i know its only 1 mark , but why do i not remember it at all ?? :frown: :frown:

what did you think of the question about light intensity, emzymes and starch (the exp with the graph)
messed up on that one as well :frown: feel awful :frown: :frown:
Reply 41
i put that they used 5 eggs because some may have the disorder or somthing like that :s-smilie: i hope the grade boundries are low like the past papers i have done, 30/45 to get an A*!!
Reply 42
mu3icxbabee
sorry, dont think liver is right :s-smilie: :frown: isnt it small intestine?
i am so freaked out by the 5 eggs rather than 1 question. i know its only 1 mark , but why do i not remember it at all ?? :frown: :frown:

what did you think of the question about light intensity, emzymes and starch (the exp with the graph)
messed up on that one as well :frown: feel awful :frown: :frown:

CAN SOM1 TELL ME HOW THEY DONE THAT!
Reply 43
Awesomesauce
I guessed that when the seaweed photosynthesises and produces oxygen as a by product, the oxygen got trapped beneath the disc of seeweed. roflrofl, i just realised how wrong i am.

haha i really don't know what the answer is either but i guess they'll bring down the grade boundaries if many got them wrong.
I thought the paper wasn't terrible which is good :-)

I didn't like the question about why the discs will float though!!

Does anybody know when we get our results back?
Reply 45
livvyyy
that they could finish the experiment sooner:eek: it sounds like its wrong, but it's all i could think of.

SAME :p: i couldn't think of anything else
Reply 46
what did everyone put for the question talking about amino acids (i think) i remember that it said 'include the words kidney liver and bladder' it was a 3 mark question

i wrote somthing like the liver turns amino acids into urea, it is stored in the kidneys and excreated as urine. i dont think that is my exact answer, but somthing like that.
Reply 47
mike2niner4
I thought the paper wasn't terrible which is good :-)

I didn't like the question about why the discs will float though!!

Does anybody know when we get our results back?

march i think, can som1 tell me how they got 0.42
Sheo
SAME :p: i couldn't think of anything else

That's what i put too :p:
Reply 49
nadzmnv
march i think, can som1 tell me how they got 0.42

you had to look at graph X and Y or somthing, you looked up at the graph X which was at 38 for example, then looking at the other graph Y, you had to go along to 38 and see the sugar concentration.
Reply 50
livvyyy
you had to look at graph X and Y or somthing, you looked up at the graph X which was at 38 for example, then looking at the other graph Y, you had to go along to 38 and see the sugar concentration.

thanx, but i dont remeber doin that q, how much marks waz it worth
inexplicably arousing.

would i lose marks for leaving stains on the final question?
Reply 52
HumorousGent.
inexplicably arousing.

would i lose marks for leaving stains on the final question?

how did you get a stain on there
nadzmnv
how did you get a stain on there

i sneezed and my miniscule brain fell out of my nose (a moment inspired by you), covering the page in mucus. i wiped it off and onto the back of the girl in front, but there was still a fair bit of residue.
Reply 54
nadzmnv
thanx, but i dont remeber doin that q, how much marks waz it worth

2, i think. but the boundries are often very low, like 33 out of 45 for an A*
Reply 55
GunnerArshavin
I got 1:4 , but my friends all said it was 3:1 . And then my teacher said it probably was 3:1 .

Im really disappointed in myself :frown:

i think if it's a ratio it's 3:1 and if it's a percentage it's 25% but if it's a fraction it's 1/4.

i think you got fraction and ratio mixed up maybe?
Reply 56
livvyyy
2, i think. but the boundries are often very low, like 33 out of 45 for an A*

thanx very much. i think i didnt do it. or lost my memory. i had to rush the last few becoz time was running out
Reply 57
GunnerArshavin
I retook it aswell, the lichen and the hormone monitor questions were confusing :s-smilie: .

You know for the beginning , the adaptations I wrote were:

Small surface area to volume to reduce heat loss.

and the other was thick fur to trap air for insulation.

Would that be right ?

yeah they both seem reasonable + i used the first one too in my paper.
Sheo
i think if it's a ratio it's 3:1 and if it's a percentage it's 25% but if it's a fraction it's 1/4.

i think you got fraction and ratio mixed up maybe?

did they actually specifically ask for the ratio?? i drew the diagram and circled the 1 that had cystic fibrosis so it looked like 1 in 4 on the page but never actually wrote the actual numbers 25% do you think this will be okay?

also, wherabouts was the question aout 5 eggs rather than 1 ? do not remember it AT ALL only remember the question about evaluate the embryo screening in this case, so like moral issues etc . Did i miss a page out :O :O ???
Reply 59
GunnerArshavin
I think I got an A on B1 and an A on B2 .

Going to retake them in June , really want an A* :frown: . Extra workload , as I have B3 to do aswell :O:

Have to prepare for my Chemistry for monday , C1 and C2 to do

yeah same. but atm im revising for maths terminal paper tomorrow..

fun, fun, fun. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending